Advocare diet

Options
I just want to hear from anyone who has done the 24 day challenge or who is doing it now or has lost weight with their products. I'm on day 7 of their challenge and have lost 4 pounds. However, I've changed my eating big time- pretty much cut out carbs. So I don't know how much of the weight loss is from advocare or just me.

Replies

• Momof3kidz16
    Momof3kidz16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The THREAD was locked I assume because people were posting about selling advocare. I am not. There are countless topics about advocare out there. I searched.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    The THREAD was locked I assume because people were posting about selling advocare. I am not. There are countless topics about advocare out there. I searched.

Then you'll see that there aren't many (any) legitimate success stories from using it. It's a scam with pyramid sales. Sorry.
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I've had great success with it! I did a 24 day challenge in January and lost 14 pounds and 18 inches. I hit 50 pounds lost today!
  • Momof3kidz16
    Momof3kidz16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! So the 24 day challenge is what got you started on your weight loss?
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Advocare is not a diet. It is so much more then that. It is a the starting line for some and the finish line for others. Advocare is a health and wellness company. The 24 Day Challenge is a start to changing your lifestyle.
  • KatLifter
    Options
    Advocare is not a diet. It is so much more then that. It is a the starting line for some and the finish line for others. Advocare is a health and wellness company. The 24 Day Challenge is a start to changing your lifestyle.

^^^Sells Advocare.
  • Stooooo
    Options

^^^Sells Advocare.

Thank you. I am not allowed to say that.
  • KatLifter
    Options

^^^Sells Advocare.

Simply pointing out that yours isn't a legitimate review, but a sales pitch. Thus proving my point above that the people who benefit financially from it are just about the only ones to say anything positive about the product. Kind of like Shakeology.
  • Stooooo
    Options

^^^Sells Advocare.

Simply pointing out that yours isn't a legitimate review, but a sales pitch. Thus proving my point above that the people who benefit financially from it are just about the only ones to say anything positive about the product. Kind of like Shakeology.

OK if you say so.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, there is no reason to pay extra money for something when you can lose by eating right and exercising, and I have tried all sorts of things! Lessons learned, hopefully you won't have to learn the hard way.

7396232.png
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

^^^Sells Advocare.

OK if you say so.

I do too...same as all the Visalus and shake your booty people....you all have a wanna be financial stake in it.
  • Stooooo
    Options

^^^Sells Advocare.

OK if you say so.

I do too...same as all the Visalus and shake your booty people....you all have a wanna be financial stake in it.

Funny though, the person who started the thread already had the 24 Day Challenge and didn't buy it from me. Fact is I love what Advocare has done and is doing for me.

Have a good evening.
  • CoachDreesTraining
    CoachDreesTraining Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    To me it's funny how people that sell Advocare claim it's "nutrition" when in reality it's over priced supplementation.

Eat real food. If you want to use supplements, buy cheaper, higher quality supplements elsewhere.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    :smile:
  • Syndraj
    Options
    I have lost 47 lbs. since January. I lost more weight on Advocare than when I tried to lose weight without the products. Advocare changed my life:)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Oh good god lol
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I did the 24 day challenge May of 2012. I was almost at the end of my weight loss journey at that time(I wasn't far from my goal weight), so I did not lose a huge amount of weight but I did lose some and have been able to lose more and keep it off for over a year now. I think I lost like 6 lbs. and 9 inches total. I know people with a lot more than I had to lose that lost a lot more than me.
    I hope you get the results that you are looking for! Good luck!
  • VixenInTraining
    Options
    Sounds legit LOL
  • ajrossa
    ajrossa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Many people are looking for a 'quick fix' ... which won't solve anything.
    As some have said here, it's a change in lifestyle - change what you eat (and sometimes one needs to downsize their portions and their alcohol intake), and take up exercise. You're not expected to go to the gym if it's not your cup of tea, but going to a local swimming pool, walk regularly ... and you'll see a differencd.

I find myfitnesspal very good as far as becoming aware of the calories, fat, carbs etc. some foods have, which helps with changing you eating habits.

The calories allocated when wanting to lose weight are more like a guideline, as everyone is different.

Also, don't go too much by the scale, especially if you've started to work out. MUSCLES WEIGH MORE THAN FAT so this wouldn't show on the scale. But you will notice when your shape changes, i.e. your trousers aren't tight around your waist anymore <smile>

And most important: DON'T GO BACK TO YOUR OLD WAYS ONCE YOU'VE REACHED YOUR TARGET WEIGHT.