Introduction and Sugar Busters

Options
Hi! I'm Amy and I'm 25 - 30 pounds overweight. I'm 38 years old and have 3 kids. Having kids only made weight loss harder, now age seems to be a factor as well (when I was younger, I could drop weight a lot easier). I have tried to lose the weight I've gained, with no success for about 2 years. It ended up being a yo-yo diet effect - my weight went up and down; up and down. So, two days ago, I started Sugar Busters. I'm sure it was mostly water, but I've already seen 2 pounds drop!
I was wondering if anyone else has tried Sugar Busters to lose weight and if it gave them success...

Note: I also exercise: Cardio 2 to 3 days per week and yoga 1 day per week. I try to work out at least 4 days per week.

Thanks,
Amy

Replies

• Gabrial5
    Options
    You go girl! Get your fight on! Best--- Gabe
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You may want to check the Group section and see if you can find a group to join that meets your needs. I am sure the Low-Carb group would have some feedback for you, and maybe others as well. The general boards aren't always the best place to find folks.

Good Luck!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I don't know what sugar busters s- can you tell us a bit more about it?
  • baldmitch
    baldmitch Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I tried sugar busters and atkins back when they were the new thing.

Back then, any diet where I could eat a bag of fried pork skins as a snack and lose weight (and an obvious, significant weight loss at that) was worth doing.

Atkins has gotten more sane than that.

Here's the deal - if you want to try Atkins or SB, check with your doctor first, and go over your family health history. In my book, a family history of diabetes and/or heart disease or any condition where cholesterol is a problem would cross these diets off my list forever.

I would also recommend something more akin to "everything in moderation" - moderate food intake, moderate meat, sane portions for dessert, a little wine or beer if you want, and a moderate amount of physical activity.

But that's without knowing you, or what you look like, or what your habits entail.