Looking for serious female runner friends

Options
Hi people!
I'm a somewhat beginner runner who's been training seriously since may for my first half marathon which is in 3 weeks.

My plan is to keep a solid base all winter, train for my second half marathon in may 2014 and third in september 2014 and my first full in october 2014.

I'm looking for some serious female runners, for support here, on FB and Nike+ or Garmin. I don't really have a lot of running friends and I'm starting to feel that my regular friends are tired of hearing me talk about running. I love friendly competition, and I'm looking for someone with goals similar to mines.

I'm not looking for people just to send a cheering message once a week. I want to "meet" someone I can chat with and will kick my butt when I feel like doing the potatoe on the couch.

I don't care where you are from, that's the beauty of the internet ;) I also speak french!

Anyone ?

Replies

• BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    well I give you my info you can decide if I'm the girl for you and friend me if you feel it's beneficial....I won't be offended if you are looking for someone more advanced than me so no worries :)

I just started running in April with a C25K...finished that....just ran my first 5k in August. I've bridged up to 10k so I run between 4 and 6 miles depending on my mood and time available that day :) I love running....I've been asked to consider a half but I am a bit intimidated but my theory is if I can happily do 6 miles then I will continue to progress as I can. If I can double that to 13 then great. I'm happy to cheer you on and talk running....I just may be a little behind you in the progress arena and may not be what you are looking for but perhaps can be of use :)

***** HA...just noticed upon posting your ticker :) We have lost the exact same amount of weight....you're doing awesome!!!!! Congrats!!!!!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I ran my first half last year. I was preparing for my second when I had a bad calf pull. Then hurt my hip (not due to running), lost a lot of fitness, gained a lot of weight. Back at it again, now, working through C25 for the second time, loving it, and itching to get back to better distances. At the moment I'm focusing on getting back into running without hurting myself again - because my natural tendency is to push too hard.

I'm aiming to be back to 10k distances by Christmas. If that goes ok and I am still injury free and comfortable, I'll start stretching out one run a week to build distance.

If you want to chat to someone who's slow (even when I am running half marathons!) but loves running, and if you don't mind that I'm so very far behind you, feel free to add me.

J
  • amyjpage
    amyjpage Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Here's my story, please add me if you feel that we could motivate each other!

I ran my first half marathon (2:13 whoohoo!!) in October 2010, then made the beginners mistake of not taking enough time to rest and almost immediately started to train again for a February 2011 race. My hips gave out at the 12km mark of the February 2011 race. Overtraining, improper stretching and being too keen had me crawling and crying across the finish line.

Now, almost three years later, 40 pounds heavier, I am looking to drop this weight for good and clobber my personal best!

I was just cleared by the physiotherapist to start running again, and I'll be doing it slowly and on the treadmill to get through C25km, then working my way up to 10km, and half marathon again.

While I'm not working on the same distances as you, I do love running and I cannot wait to get back to the half marathon level! I could certainly use the support and motivation to keep moving every day!
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    All of you are welcome to add me if you like! I am slow, but am increasing my distance and pace. I ran/walked a half marathon in 2009, and want to run 2 half marathons next year (June & Spetember). I did my first 8k a few weeks ago, and just signed up for 2 5ks and a 10k this fall. My one and only 10k race was in 2006, so I'm really excited to do another one!
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love running...Doing my second half this Sunday...feel free to add me:) Love having runner friends.
  • CoachsWife4
    CoachsWife4 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Krislshoe and I are great friends and serious runners - join our club of fun! ha ha ha
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been running for about 10 years, and run between 25 and 40 miles a week. I've done two full marathons, and probably 15-18 half marathons, as well as a bunch of races from 5k to 10 miles. I'm running three legs of a relay in a couple weeks (18 miles total) and a half marathon the weekend after. Feel free to add me!
  • heatherluuu
    heatherluuu Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Training for my first half in October. Anyone can add me. :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i've been beginner runner for a few years now. slowly improving with each race. love mud runs. i'm far from serious though ;) check my pic for proof. wait, nix that. i *am* serious. i'm actually supergirl.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I run, anyone can add me.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner. Doing a half in October, a 25K in November, and a full in January. I may be slightly obsessed with running.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    <---- Not female. Still a runner. Rarely serious (except about not being a female...I have junk pics to prove it).
  • dmeadows10
    Options
    Hi! I, too am training for my first half which is in 4 weeks! I'm excited, nervous and anxious to get this one under my belt! After this one I will begin training for a full that will be in February! Training through the winter scares the crap out of me! I love having runner friends and would love to support you on your journey !
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm working my way up to marathon distances, and may do a marathon this November. I have a half coming up in 2 weeks. I've been working through Hal Higdon's novice training program for marathon running and having great success.
  • Jdiaz72
    Jdiaz72 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have been running for twenty years. I run a few races a year and have a female running group that I run with every weekend. We LOVE running. I am signed up for Nike 1/2 in Oct and Berkeley 1/2 in Nov.

I love to talk about it too. Please add me if you like.
  • lucyprunner
    Options
    I'm not serious by any means but I run a lot of marathons :)
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just completed my first half a few weeks ago, 2:13! I have been running for a couple of years now, and do alot of events. Anyone here who loves to run can add me :)
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party but I love to run! So your schedule is similar to mine from last year. Did my first half at the beginning of October last year and second in May of 2013 (shaved 11 mins off my time even though I had to take 4 weeks off from training two months before the race due to pneumonia) and I have my third and fourth halfs scheduled for October and November this year.

I'm around 30 miles per week now with long runs between 11 and 15 miles. But I won't be training for a marathon any time soon. I'd love to, but I'm a single mom of a 3 1/2 year old. It's been a big thing for me to incorporate 30 miles of running into my week as it is, can't imagine having to make time for a 20 mile long run. I had my daughter with me for 11 out of 13 miles today in the jogger, talk about challenging!

Anyway, anyone can add me! I like runner friends. I can also be a useful source of Information on such subjects as running with strollers and running with asthma during ragweed season and running in cold temps.
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm not currently training for a specific race. I ran my first half marathon last October (2:13) and run for fitness and the enjoyment of it. I try to run outside all winter - as long as it doesn't get brutally cold. I run 3-4 days a week
  • kwilson18
    kwilson18 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like tris and running. Right now I'm building fitness after being injured. I log my workouts on beginnertriathete.com. Feel free to add me. Also try the distance runner group here- it's pretty active and a nice bunch :).