Scooby Accurate Calcuator... 1440 cals?!

Options
I need some help!

When I use scooby accurate calculator and choose lightly active instead of sedentary (I hardly work out - i know i should... but ANYWAYS I live in NYC and am walking around ALL day and I also have a job where I'm on my feet for 6 hours)

I'm 5'4, 130lbs. Do you think 1440 calories is too much for weight loss for somebody who doesn't work out (my height and weight) and isn't totally sedentary? Please let me know.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    To me it sounds reasonable to be honest.

I'm 5'4.5" and eat 1500 calories to 2500 calories. I am currently about 42lbs heavier, but on the days I eat 1500 I literally either sit in front of the computer or TV all day (a lot less active then what you described as normal activity for you). If I average it out though, it comes to somewhere around 1841 consumed per day (scooby's sit says I should consume 1845 per day for how often I work out). So using his calorie counter providing I keep the same activity level and reduce my deficit a bit (from 20% to 10%), at 130lbs I should be consuming around 1858 (so it looks like they might increase/stay the same).
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Sounds reasonable to me!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    No. It sounds about right. Track accurately by weighing and measuring all your food, though.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Scooby's website is an awesome website for info on diet and exercise stuff. I've used his calculators on that site before when I lost 25 lbs and it was pretty close. I think it provides more of a benchmark more than anything. Everyone's body is different. Try eating 1500 calories and after a week weigh yourself and see what happened. If you lost 1-2 lbs then you're in good shape. If not, then you can adjust from there.

I'm trying to eat 2200 calories based on his calculator right now and it says I should lose 1.2 lbs a week by doing that based on my stats. This week I lost 1.0 lb, so its pretty close.