after work out snack

Options
lauralgreen
lauralgreen Posts: 13 Member
i need some ideas for an after work out snack. i usually eat either half my lunch 2 hours before i work out and then the other half when i get done working out or i eat something light 2 hours before i work out and then eat my lunch after i work out. i've been doing carrots and hummus or yogurt or fruit. i am at work and do my workout on my lunch break. a protein shake is not an option for me because i do not like those. what do you guys have?

Replies

• kawasakininja13
    kawasakininja13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1-2 cans of tuna or a protein shake with 10-12 jatz crackers. You can also have almonds and/or mixed nuts.
  • ixmardukxi
    Options
    i need some ideas for an after work out snack. i usually eat either half my lunch 2 hours before i work out and then the other half when i get done working out or i eat something light 2 hours before i work out and then eat my lunch after i work out. i've been doing carrots and hummus or yogurt or fruit. i am at work and do my workout on my lunch break. a protein shake is not an option for me because i do not like those. what do you guys have?

Protein shake blended with fruits for me, really convenient
  • lauralgreen
    Options
    1-2 cans of tuna or a protein shake with 10-12 jatz crackers. You can also have almonds and/or mixed nuts.

nice idea
  • lalilalu
    lalilalu Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    A banana or apple with peanut butter
    Cottage cheese and crackers or carrot sticks
    Boiled eggs
    Cereal and milk
    Yoghurt, banana and honey
    Chickpeas. I'm in love with them, so just eat them out of the can with a bit of S&P, but if you roast them in spices they are delicious
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What does your workout consist of?

I'd suggest chocolate milk.
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    What does your workout consist of?

I'd suggest chocolate milk.

This. But I use half the amount of chocolate powder in mine just because I like it better that way.
  • lauralgreen
    Options
    thanks for the ides guys!!! i took frozen green beans and put some olive oil on them and then seasoned them with coarse black pepper, garlic powder and a little bit of salt and then baked them at 425 degress for 25 minutes. very yummy
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a Luna Protein Bar.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Some fruit and peanut butter or mix of almonds and cashews. The fruit's usually a banana or apple.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese + apple
    hardboiled egg
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese + apple
    hardboiled egg

this except i like peaches or nectarines.

Half a PB sandwich and a small apple
  • sassabella
    Options
    I usually have peanut butter with apple. However, sometimes if I want the extra carbs I will have rye wraps with banana and peanut butter. super yummy and will fill you up :)
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options