Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What determines if you accept or decline a FR????

Replies

• RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Reject all. Strength in self.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    I reject FR is they don't tell me the reason they want to be friends, or if they come off as creepy.......... or sometimes I'm just not feeling friendly.
  • chickenchaser78
    chickenchaser78 Posts: 89 Member
    So far, thankfully, I have never had an excuse not to accept someone as a friend. I figure its more people to help give feedback and to get and give comments to.
  • If you are a creep, if you have not filled out your profile, if you have an eating disorder, if you are a friend collector, if you dont log daily, if you do not interact with friends, and pretty much if I dont think I will enjoy having you as a friend.

I will decline for all the above stated reasons.

Accept if you seem freaking awesome, if you log daily, if you seem motivated, if I am inspired by your success or motivation, if you dont seem like a creeper.
  • Agree I feel the same way.....I want to support any one out there that's wants help and support along their weight loss journey!! We are all here for the same purpose!
  • VictoriousLion
    VictoriousLion Posts: 140 Member
    I haven't declined anyone's friend request yet and I don't think I would. I can't judge the person from their profile picture, because that is not nice - I don't like the way I look, either. As long as the person is friendly and supportive, then that's good enough for me! Here for motivation, not to judge people. :-)
  • I used to accept everyone however, I have now put a cap on my friends list. I want to be supportive to everyone and i cant do that with over one hundred people. Inactive or nonsupportive folks are deleted though.
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    I workout 6 days a week and always try to comment on my friends hard work, I expect the same. I rarely ever decline a FR. Profile picture not necessary. I do regularly delete people only based on inactivity. I've been on this site for quite a while and have kind of "cycled" through friends a few times but really just from me deleting inactive people. I'm always looking for new people to encourage and be motivated by.
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    I accept all FR, I occasionally go through and delete anyone not active or who never interact with me. I am here for the support and an occasional kick in the pants to help me get back on track. and if I can help others stay motivated then I'm happy. :) So far I have wonderfully supportive friends and have never had any rude or insulting interactions.
  • thezorb
    thezorb Posts: 67 Member
    I accept everyone! Come one, come all! If I was doing this for dating purposes, it would be a little different. I want to help support people in reaching their goals and make a few friends in the process!

^^ Exactly! However, people who go inactive get deleted.
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    .. Sense of humor....originality.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    They have to be showing excessive amounts of skin, be extremely flirtatious, and be highly willing to experiment

LOL ^^^^
  • Lpruett7
    Lpruett7 Posts: 19 Member
    Mine is just people who log and encourage. I might go through and weed people out who have been disengaged for months. Im here to add friends who are present for the journey not just collect them!
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    I accept almost everyone. I wont if you have no pics or a brand new account.
    I will later delete you if you troll, post 12345613253 updates a day, or are pro-anorexia.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    I won't accept a creeper FR...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    If I've seen them on the message boards and they have some interesting comments and/or similar interests. I get a lot of request from girls my daughters ages. 20 -35. They usually have a comment like "You remind me of my Dad/Grandpa." I'm fine with that.

I also like those with similar interests: Culinary / Martial Arts / Soccer / Motorcycles.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Don't think I've denied one yet! I don't send many out though.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Not many that I don't accept. Those that I don't, usually do not have a picture or is a brand new account. Someone who shows they have a sense of humor, is always welcomed :smile:
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    I accept pretty much anyone who FR me, I'm friendly and I like to see how others are doing
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Deny deny deny.