For The "LOVE" Of Pork

Options

Replies

• kats1957
    kats1957 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Pork loin on the grill with some Mrs. Dash...no added calories and very delicious. Throw on some fresh vegetables and mushrooms makes a meal.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,645 Member
    Options
    Bacon- frying pan.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MissRavenD
    Options
    I'm new, and don't mean to come off rude or anything in any way...

But, is it possible to have the recipes suggested here to contain the information for it? Such as calories and what not?

I just think that would be really useful for everyone here.

Thank you. :)

Good luck everyone!
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm new, and don't mean to come off rude or anything in any way...

But, is it possible to have the recipes suggested here to contain the information for it? Such as calories and what not?

I just think that would be really useful for everyone here.

Thank you. :)

Good luck everyone!
    The nutrition information would depend on the which brands/amounts/substitutions of products you use.
    The easiest way to figure it out is to use the recipe function on this site (or another site) to calculate your recipe.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    tagging to copy down recipes when I get home
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    While it would be inappropriate of me to give out the recipes I use (they are too addictive.)

I am happy to report I just bought a big from a very cute little kid today, and intend to have it killed Tuesday, for great culinary success. :)
  • Clm81401
    Options
    For those of you in the south west and maybe other areas. Safeway has bulk, bone in loin for $1.49lb in the weekly add. I will be putting up a roast brine and more dishes later next week. Hope it helps.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Used this one last night from allrecipes and it was really good. It's a sweet version cause I was tired of the same 'ole ones I make. Soy sauce, ketchup, rice wine, and brown sugar. Also added a little ginger.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/marinated-baked-pork-chops/
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    1 pork shoulder
    1 head of garlic
    equal parts bourbon and honey

Score lines through the pork about an inch deep and an inch apart. At each "intersection" insert a clove of garlic. Put the pork in the smallest pot it will fit with a lid. Warm honey til its pourable and whisk in the bourbon. Pour over the pork. Chill overnight, turning occasionally.

Either cook it in a crockpot or in a low and slow oven (250F) until internal temp reaches 155F. Let it rest for 15 minutes before carving. Use the juices and a cornstarch or arrowroot slurry to make a bourbon sauce.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Pork the one you love.

oh sorry....grammar

Pork. The one you love
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    You put the pound of bacon in the frying pan, fry until chewy yet cripsy, enjoy over/under something, by itself, dipped in ice cream, and/or covered in chocolate.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    You put the pound of bacon in the frying pan, fry until chewy yet cripsy, enjoy over/under something, by itself, dipped in ice cream, and/or covered in chocolate.

i love you. I will never leave you....

and marry me
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Pork the one you love.

oh sorry....grammar

Pork. The one you love

4860839622_7baabce0ab.jpg
  • Clm81401
    Options
    My, "FALL BRINE". For pork or poultry.

1/3C packed brown sugar
    1/3C kosher salt
    1T minced garlic
    2 bay leaves
    1/2T fennel seed
    1t brown mustard seed
    1 cinnamon stick
    1/2T ginger powder
    10 cloves
    1/2T crushed red chili flake
    5 juniper berries
    1/2T black pepper corn
    1/2T onion powder
    1 1/2G water
    small bag of ice
    kitchen sink if there are no dishes in it..lol

Put it all in a large pot except the ice. Bring to slow boil. Add enough ice to melt the ice with out having cubes. Put pork in and refrigerate 4 hours to 24 hours. Longer than 24 hours and thing can become mealy. Remove the meat rinse off pat dry and there you go.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Lb of Bacon.
    Oven.
    350, 25m each side.

Crispy, tasty, bacon. Just sayin'
  • FritzTheCat1030
    Options
    Coffee-Crusted Pork Tenderloins

Good grilling recipe. Need to let marinade 4 hours to overnight.

2 to 3 Pork Tenderloins(1-2lbs)
    3 Tbs ground coffee
    1 Tbs coarse salt
    1 Tbs dark brown sugar
    1 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 Tsp sweet paprika(Hungarian)
    1 Tsp ground black pepper
    1 Tsp garlic powder
    1 Tsp onion powder
    1/2 Tsp ground cumin
    1/2 Tsp grouind coriander
    2 Tbs canola or olive oil
    2 Cups wood chips(I use mesquite) soaked in water for 1 hour then drained.

Place tenderloin on your work surface and remove outer layer of fat/silverskin

Place coffee, salt, brown sugar, paparika, pepper, garlic and onion powder, cumin, coriander, and cocoa in small bowl and stir to mix(your fingers work best). Rub mixture into meat with your fingers, then drizzle oil on meat and rub in as well. Put the meat in a gallon zip-lock or non-reactive container and place in the fridge for 4 hours to overnight.

Set up grill for direct grilling and heat to medium-high. Toss the soaked wood chips on the coals. If using gas, put all the wood chips in a smoker box or wrap in aluminum foil and poke some holes in the top. Heat the grill on high till the wood starts to smoke then reduce to med-high.

When ready, brush or spray grill grate with oil then place the meat on the grill and cover for about 5 minutes to let the smoke do its magic. Remove cover and grill for about 5 minutes per side. Internal temp should be 145 deg.

Transfer grilled meat to cutting board and let rest for about 5 minutes. Cut slices at a diagonal.
  • dearb1
    dearb1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had Pork Belly for supper tonight! It was absolutely delicious! Luckily I had lots of calories saved from the day 100gms is just under 300 calories!
  • Clm81401
    Options
    Old fashion Pork Roast

4lb Pork Roast "brined"
    1 Sweet potato peeled large cubes
    1/2lb Carrots peeled large dice
    1/2lb Parsnips peeled large dice
    2 Pablano or bell peppers seeded sliced thin
    2 Onions sliced thin
    2 Jalapenos seeded sliced thin
    6 garlic clove rough minced
    5 Roma tomato diced
    3 Stalks celery
    1 Bay leaf

Salt and pepper roast. In large dutch oven, sear all sides of the roast over a very hot pot. Drain off oil and put all veggies in. Add a mix of chicken broth and water until just short of the top of the roast. Place in oven at 300 fore about three hours. Remove Roast (should be near fall apart) let rest, remove veggies. Discard bay leaf and celery. Add cornstarch to tap water (guess about how much liquid is in the pot)(1T, per cup) and make a slurry. Add slowly to boiling liquid. When you like how stiff it is your done. Serve it up with some home made rolls or bread.
  • Clm81401
    Options
    OK not overly healthy but not so bad either.

HALUSKI

Small head of green cabbage (blanched)
    1/2 bag of egg noodles (cooked)
    1/2 bag frozen peas (blanched)
    Large white onion (julienned)
    1lb Bacon (cooked crisp)
    1/4 Parmesan cheese
    2T Butter
    S&P

In a 12 inch high sided skillet melt butter. Add onion and slowly begin to caramelize the onion. Just before it starts to turn brown add the cabbage. Sautee till soft add the noodles, peas, and bacon. Cook until all is warmed through. Finish with the parmesan cheese.