New

Options
Hi Everyone This is my first time using MFP. I just had my daughter a few months ago, and I've kinda been stuck in a funk. I've lost 31 lbs since giving birth, but i'm just not motivated anymore. I'm scared, I've lost my drive & I fear i'm gonna gain the weight back. I have over 100 more lbs I want to lose. I truly hope this works for me.

Replies

• JDMarlowe
    JDMarlowe Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Welcome to MFP!! I love this site! There are a lot of motivational people on here to really help you out. I didn't personally use this site to loose weight, I didn't find the site until after I lost weight, but it is GREAT at keeping me in check and maintaining a healthy life syle!
    The only limit a person has, is themselves!
    :-)
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! First of all Congratulations on your beautiful bundle of joy and secondly... great job of losing a whopping 31 pounds ~ That's truly AwEsOmE! I can relate to your dilemma, I was there a couple of times myself. This is just a tough time for a new Mom! For one thing, you are probably exhausted and that makes everything harder than it ought to be. Think of it this way... you have already lost a great deal of weight. Just give yourself some time and enjoy that baby girl! :flowerforyou:

You will notice that things will get easier and make much more sense as you track your intake and output of calories. Remember, it took months to gain the weight, please don't set yourself up for disappointment by setting lofty expectations! MFP is not for racing but taking time to figure out what works for you and how to maintain it with the support of friends that have similar goals and have been where you are! I wish you the best of luck with your fitness journey and motherhood! If you would like a supportive friend on your journey, please feel free to add me!
  • thegongshow
    thegongshow Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I gained 70+ pounds when I was pregnant with my daughter! I still have 40lbs to go. It's hard work but it will be so worth it! Feel free to add me!
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My son will be a year old on the 11th and I am JUST NOW losing the weight. I gained around 75+ pounds with being pregnant... then was in complete denial that I had truly gained that much weight. So here I am! I have 50 more pounds to go until I shed the 75 gained :) MFP does work, I can tell you that much!

You're going to kick butt and look wonderful!!
  • Shoniceevans
    Shoniceevans Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awww...Thank you all. I'm truly looking forward to Losing more weight, and being healthy for me & my baby girl.
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    *Bump... to build my new friends network:flowerforyou: