Energy Drink?

akosiza
akosiza Posts: 10
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
Aloha!!! I just love Lo Carb Monster Energy Drink. It pumps me up and I just can't seem to go my day without it! It sure is my workout buddy but i got to say, sometimes it keeps me awake at night. Any suggestions?

Replies

• I dont have any tips for you.. just wanted to let you know that I share your addiction.. I am drinking one as I type :)
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Maybe try not drinking one after 7 pm...if you exercise late....could you change your exercise time to earlier so you can still have one and not have the caffeine uppers?!
  • You won't like my answer.... drop it. You don't NEED it. You can get your energy with exercise and eating right... it might take a while but you will get there.

I drink Shakeology (www.HaveYouHadYoursToday.com) which helps with energy but naturally plus many other benefits.

That's my two cents. You really do want to burn off FAT and not just the calories/stimulants from the the energy drink.... it's a mental thing... you have to tell yourself you're not tired and you will get thru this, and you will!!!!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Take it in the morning or around lunch time.

I drink a N.O xplode pre trainer energy drink (no sugar - 25 cals). It's not like the energy drinks you see on the store shelves. It doesn't keep me up at night unless I take it in the evening

NO Xlopde helps you be more alert and gets your body ready fro some physical training. You can take 1 to 3 scoops per day but I just take one.
  • Thanks everyone! ;)
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    I use to be addicted to sugar free carb-free rockstar energy drinks. It is better than getting the ones with sugar in them, but overall they are not the best for you. If you need one, have it in the morning like 30 minutes before you work out. A better alternative would be unsweetened green tea. Green tea is a great natural way to boost your metabolism. Also B complex vitamins. Hope this helps!
  • MrsMcNeal
    MrsMcNeal Posts: 7 Member
    What do you all think about ZIPFIZZ? It is sort of like an energy drink I guess but really just has a lot of vitamins and potassium. My potassium is very low based on the food that I eat and I had a friend that spent a lot of time in the hospital because of a lack of potassium. ZIPFIZZ has a ton more in it than you can get in a pill.
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    I tried Zipfizz. I think the shots really do help to wake you up but the ones you mix in water do not. I'm pretty much immune though because I've been drinking all kind of energy drinks for quite a few years now
  • I'll add that N.O. Explode is a good product, it works by oxegenating your blood so you don't fatigue as fast. I personally don't care for the taste and if your not used to it you may become a little light headed. I also say nix the energy drinks, checkout all the other junk they put in those, yuck. But if you feel you need a boost you could try a Vit B combo pill or lipton tea to go energize is decent (well, i like it) Good luck :)

One more thing the company that makes N.O. Explode, BSN, has (in my opinion) the BEST protien too. Tasty, smooth (instead of gritty like many others), and doesn't have that 'protien' after taste.
  • Yes ma'am, I drink XS energy drinks and I LOVE them! It gives me that steady focus without making me jittery or keeping me up at night. They have zero carbs and zero sugar but about 46-4900 mg of B-12!!!! They have all different flavors to! Let me know if you would like to try them, I will send them to you free of charge--that's how much i love them!
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Cut the amount you drink in half and see what happens.
    How late are you drinking it?
    What would be the expected result of drinking a cup of coffee at that time?
This discussion has been closed.