who recommends reduction in sugar intake

Options
2»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Interestingly, MFP seems to have set mine at 7%.

Anyway as usual, it's an oversimplification of a complicated issue, the same as they did for fat in the past.

Changing this number is not going to affect the people it needs to, so change it, don't change it, whatever.
    It won't do a thing.

this times a miggity miggity million. people the overeat are going to overeat, and adjusting their macros is not some miracle fix. I know people the believed if they stopped eating meat they would be healthier, but they replaced cheeseburgers with Oreos. Like Smasher said, remember when they told us that eating fat made us fat? Or eating cholesterol gave us high cholesterol and eggs became the devil? Note that they are starting the reverse their position on sodium as well.

Sugar, the new devil. Same as the old devil
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I've never tracked a single gram of sugar......... ever.......... and I am going to go out on a limb and say it hasn't hindered my weight loss that I can tell....... No I believe sticking to a modest caloric deficit, don't demonize any foods, and get your *kitten* up off the couch and get moving seems like a sensible plan to me but that's just me..... Best of Luck
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I eat fruit every single day. I usually always end up going over my sugar allowance.

It's never hindered my weight loss or caused me to crave more sugar.
  • oferb1
    Options
    So from what I understand the big debate is reducing sugar from currently being 11% to 10%? I am sure that will completely shock the system, and effectively solve the obesity in the UK :wink:

If they really want to help... rethink that stupid food pyramid, reducing carbs (sugars, starch, the lot) to no more than 20%, and through those stupid BMI charts to the dumpster...

possibly a slight misread :)

then this is very misleading "The UK still officially uses an 11% limit on sugar set 22 years ago by the SACN's predecessor"