Newbie here, desperately needing help and support

Options
Hello everyone...

This has always been a touchy subject for me, and this is actually extremely hard for me to talk about.

But, I cannot deny it anymore. I need help. Badly.

All of my life, I have been a thick...or, fat...girl.

Believe it or not, I never got made fun of. Poked at. Nothing.
I was actually popular and desired among men and boys.
For a fat girl...I had a really good school experience...

Because of that, I felt confident in myself...for the most part...

Of course, there would be days when I would look at myself and feel disgusted...ashamed...embarrassed...

I hated that I couldn't wear clothes that I wanted to. I still kept my style the best I could, but...come on...how often do you really see sexy, cute, dark outfits for anyone plus size? I'll tell you, very very rarely.

When I was 13, my grandfather...who was my Dad basically...passed away from Cancer.

It killed me.

I started gaining even more weight over the years...and even began 'harming' myself...by cutting. (Hope I didn't violate anything by mentioning that. If so, I apologize...i'm a bit emotional at the moment while reliving this)

It continued. The self mutilating. Be it razor, or double bacon cheeseburger...

I dated all throughout school...still at the age of 13, I began to date a guy who was older than me. He and I would be together for four years...

During this time, I decided that I had to do something about this weight.

And so I did. I drastically changed how I ate...and began to push myself every day on a treadmill, on the country roads, sit ups, crunches, lunges, and swimming in the pool. Those were the main things.

But, all this work, was practically in vain. Because I got to 260 and stayed there... No matter what I did, I could never get under 260. Not even by one pound. And I tried, I tried my hardest...

It was devastating.

I gave up that day. I stopped working out. And I started to eat like I used to...a little better than I used to, but not by much...

To sum it all up, i've always been fat. And it seems that there is nothing I can do. Nothing. About it.

I am now with my current boyfriend who i've been with for three years...and he says he loves me very much.

One night, we got into a very deep conversation where I FINALLY brought up my weight.

He had said, that I would be amazing if I lost the weight. And even if I didn't, my weight didn't matter to him.
He loves me, and he wants to marry me one day. And all this other stuff.
He even said that i'd look better than Megan Fox if I lost the weight...and if my lips were a little fuller...

And now...

All I can think about is how i'm not perfect.
How i'm not the hottest woman in the world. How I am not BEST in his eyes.
How i've never known what it's like to not have this awful stomach...

The confidence I once had...is gone. I don't think it's even there in the least anymore.

I don't love myself...not any more...and i'm not honestly sure if I ever did.

I feel like I am mentally and physically sick now about my weight...

I can't do much exercise because my doctor said that it's horrible on my joints...

I'm 5'4. And am ashamed to say that I weight over 300 pounds...
Never in my life had I thought I would be that large...Ever...

I know that I am beautiful on the inside...but I desperately want to be on the outside too... You know?

I want to be able to wear the clothes that I want to...
I want to be able to walk and run with a dog...
I want to be able to sit in a booth at a restaurant...and not have to worry about whether I can move the table so I FIT BETTER.
I love roller coasters...but I don't want to risk going to a theme park because I don't think i'd be able to FIT...

I want to live my life the way I used to...and the way I never have been able to.

I want to have kids. Help them grow up. See and care for my grandchildren.

There are so many things that I want to do...if I continue babbling on...no one will read this. It will be too long, and depressing...haha...

My name is Raven.
I am 21, will be 22 September 22nd.
I have brown eyes.
Long, straight dark hair...that is now a dark auburn.
I am latina and white.
I'm 5'4.
I love to write...and draw.
Adventure Time and Regular Show are my favorite shows...I love the art and hope I can do something like that one day.
I love the water...to swim...
I love animals...perhaps too much...

And I love. With all I have...

I will not lie, and say that this desire to be thing has nothing to do with my boyfriend. Because it does. You know it, and I know it.
I want to be perfect for him....and for myself...

I am going to eat better...and drink lots of water which I normally avoid all together...
I'm debating giving up soda completely...but it's very hard...because I see now that it's my addiction.

I am going to work as hard as I can to lose weight...

AND get Liposuction and eventually a tummy tuck...

As well as a Lip Plumper.

I know that I am emotionally not in a good set of mind...and I guess that is the main reason why I decided to come here and introduce myself.

To hopefully get help...advice...anything, really.

My name is Raven...and I don't want to be fat anymore... :'')

Replies

• daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Add me if you wish. I will help any way I can!
  • lizziecheek
    lizziecheek Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So proud of you for reaching out for help. I understand how challenging that is. Feel free to add me as a friend as also. Your are so worth getting healthy and encourage you to keep asking for help! Liz
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also! A lot of us on here can really relate. We will be your best motivators and support! :) I am just reaching out for friends on MFC again. I deleted my contacts on here and didn't lose a single pound since! Theres something to be said about being accountable I guess lol

PS how do I put my weight lost banner thingy on my posts? anyone? cant believe I don't know this.
  • mschuldt2005
    mschuldt2005 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend if you would like. My battle with food emotionally is a lot like yours. We could be a good support system for each other if you want.

You were very brave to share your story!! You can do this!!!

Melissa
  • jdahveed
    Options
    Admitting you need help is often the hardest step. Proud of you for that. If I can offer one piece of advice, it's that being more desirable to your partner/spouse should be a side benefit to a healthier life, but at the end of the day you have to do it for yourself. Good luck with your journey!
  • Slinn1985
    Slinn1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    To kurb any abuse of food you need willpower, and a desire to get into a smaller top more than you want a burger.

Good luck!

5'4 and 300lbs you can safely lose 4lbs a week.
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi Raven,
    You can add me too. One suggestion for you. Try some of the flavored waters to replace the pop. I used to drink 6 liters of Pepsi a day. Now I drink mostly water. I can even get down regular tap water when I can't get my flavored water. Take it one day at a time.
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, you have just made a very huge and important first step...you've admitted you need help. Take heart, you are not alone. There are many women in your shoes. My advice...lots and lots of water. Find ways to "spruce" it up to add variety....add lemons, or trying drinking zero calorie sparkling water.
    Good luck!
  • curiousgorilla
    Options
    Get stuck in! You've made the first step that's always the hardest