What is your average loss per week?

Options
2»

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    49.4 lb in 20 weeks for an average of 2.47 lb per week. It was extremely rapid at first, and now I'm losing 0.5-1 lb per week.
  • Miepke99
    Miepke99 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've only started two weeks ago and I'm losing 1 kg per week.
    I know it's probably not going to stay that way, but for now, I'm happy with this.
  • RebeccaHite
    RebeccaHite Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    How long have you been maintaining a calorie deficit and what is your average loss per week?

I have been dieting for 23 weeks and am down 28 pounds, for an average of 1.2 pounds per week.

How about you?

Mine goes up and down so fast by water weight I cant tell but I lose inches.I lost 4 inches and 19lbs.I gain while I weight lift and then lose it again.It changes by 5-6lbs and once in a while it will stabilize more and show the same number for awhile then go up and down until it stays down again.It slowly goes up and down and then a little more down so it's hard to say"Did I word that right"Kinda hard to explain...My trainer told me it takes 5 weeks to show fat loss and 4 weeks to show muscle gained or Vise VS and my body changes weight based on retaining water or not...Or something along that line(think that's what she said)
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    As of last Monday (only because I will do my weekly weigh in tonight) I had been diligently counting calories for 6 weeks and I had lost 10.7 lbs so an average of 1.783 lbs per week. Not too shabby :)
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I've lost 44 pounds in 15 weeks. In that time I have stalled twice for a period of two weeks each time. I needed to lose about 46 pounds when I started.
  • tattedlady75
    tattedlady75 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 lbs in 28 weeks, so I am averaging about a 1lb weight loss per week. However though there have been weeks that there has been no change or an increase and then I get a 2 lb decrease, then stall for a week or two. It's been a slow and gradual process but it has been going down.
  • kns6374
    Options
    About 8 weeks so far, and 24 lbs. down. About 3lbs a week, average. There have been some weeks where I lose crazy amounts, and other weeks were I hardly lose anything at all.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    First year, about 1 lb. per week. Second year, about .6 lbs per week. Third year (only partially through) about .37 lbs. per week.

I am a slow loser, with PCOS and Hashimoto's thyroiditis. I also like my food so run a fairly small deficit. That has made this a very sustainable thing for me. I aim to net about 1240 calories now (it was more when I was heavier) but I usually hit a net of 1350 to 1400 instead (just in my nature to always go over so I aim lower so when I go over, it's still an OK number). I used to eat back all of my exercise calores, but now I eat back only 70% of them. I try to workout 5 days a week.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    MAILLEMAKER - YOU CAN'T RUN FROM A FORK?? THAT'S FUNNY!

I stole it from someone on here. :)

Steve
  • Secretsundays
    Options
    5lbs per week.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Being at a healthy BMI it takes A LONG time for me to lose any weight. I’ve been at it for years, but really committed about 6 months ago to get the weight off once and for all and work towards the body I want and not a number on the scale (I still use the scale as a tool, but I would be ok with not hitting my “goal weight” if it meant I had the body shape I want). Up until about a month ago I wasn’t losing anything and I think I finally have it figured out. I’ve lost a pound in the last month and easily shed a half pound last week. I’m hoping to keep that up for the next at least 9 pounds (would love 130 I think), but up to 14. So it’s going to take a while. I’m counting on not hitting maintenance until next spring, but I’m hoping by going slow it’ll keep it off.
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    0.77 pounds per week over the course of three months. Hoping to get that up to around a pound per week.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this just shy of 14 months now.

The first 10 months my average loss was 1.6 lb per week and now it's around 1 lb per week. I'm fine with that as I only plan to lose 16-20 more pounds.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    I've lost 35lbs. in 8 weeks. Averaging 4.3 a week.
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I set MFP to give me enough calories to lose 1 lb a week, but I've been averaging 2 lbs a week. I am breastfeeding, though. I expect it will slow down once my daughter weans.