What songs take you back to easier times?

Options
edorice
edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
I was just listening to Don't Be Cruel and My Prerogative by Bobby Brown. This came out before I had to pay bills.
What songs takes you back to easier times?

Replies

• platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Anything by M.J. takes me to my happy place... :-)
  • tater8589
    Options
    Garth Brooks thunder rolls, I remember being a kid and Mom taking me to McDonalds and that song was on. Also anything Beachboys or Monkeys... Mom and I would 'rock out' to that while cleaning the apt, lol.
  • edorice
    Options
    Garth Brooks thunder rolls, I remember being a kid and Mom taking me to McDonalds and that song was on.

I can get down with some "Friends In Low Places" by Mr. Brooks!
  • jamezyjamez
    Options
    Wow - those BB classics were great songs and videos...back when MTV actually PLAYED VIDEOS!

The "East Coast Family" always takes me back to my HS days and I can still be caught humming/singing to myself different verses of "Motownphilly", "Poison" "Iesha" or "Playground"...although I try and be discrete about it.

Early "grunge" like Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Soundgarden takes me back to the college days...

Great thread topic!
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Anything from the mid-eighties, when I was thin, just out of high school and had no real responsibilities. The hardest thing in my life back then was waiting for "him" to call!
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Paradise City or just about anything by GN'R. Home Sweet Home by Motley Crue, early Metallica, Epic by Faith No More, or Cult of Personality by Living Color.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Anything ACDE, Motley Crue, Kiss...all of the hair bands. On the country side, anything Garth and early Alan Jackson and the King George Strait.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I heard this one today. Children's Story by Slick Rick.
    My sister made me a banned in the house mix tape in 6th grade with 2 Live Crew, Slick Rick and Digital Underground.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    "Your Love" -Outfield
    "All Star" -Smash Mouth
    "Balimos" -Enrique Iglesias (so random!)
    "As Long as You Love Me" - Backstreet Boys
    "Hey Leonardo (She Likes Me for Me)"
    "Absolutely (Story of a Girl)" by Nine Days
  • edorice
    Options
    I heard this one today. Children's Story by Slick Rick.
    My sister made me a banned in the house mix tape in 6th grade with 2 Live Crew, Slick Rick and Digital Underground.

Once upon a time, not long ago
    Where people wore pajamas and lived life slow
    Where laws were stern and justice stood
    And people were behavin' like they ought to good

There lived a little boy who was misled
    By another little boy and this is what he said
    Me and you Tike, we're gonna make some cash
    Robbin' old folks and makin' the dash
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    California Girls & Surfin' USA by the Beach Boys....when I was a teenager and didn't have a care in the world except when I'd next get to go to the beach:wink:
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Oh and for me, definitely Hootie and the Blowfish, and the Spin Doctors. They remind me of riding in the car with my dad when I was little!! :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    "As Long as You Love Me" - Backstreet Boys

OH YEA! BSB all the way. Just reading the title made the song come in my head and I can picture their chair dance in while suits in front of a pretty bright blue set.
  • edorice
    Options
    No Sleep Till Brooklyn.
    Just announced, The Beastie Boys will be added to the 2011 Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I love old alternative and heavier stuff still but love Christian music more all of the time. I also remember listening to John denver on the Muppet Show and love several of his songs and the Carpenters. Reminds me of when i was little and life was easier.
  • mommy2r
    mommy2r Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ANY Old Skool or Slow Jams from the 80's...

Great job on PX90 btw! My hub just ordered it, so we'll be starting it soon, together! Will be sure to check into MFP for support once we do! :flowerforyou: