Ways to celebrate that don't involve food or drink??

Options
I've got a mini goal coming up and I was asking myself how I should celebrate and it struck me how often in life a celebration = calories either from food or drink.

Anyone got any ideas?

Replies

• starheart24
    Options
    What about treating yourself to a movie or something out that you enjoy but don't get to do often?
  • EmmmyK
    EmmmyK Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    get a massage..That will relax you and revamp you for your week. And plus it's really good for your muscles.

Good Luck.

Emily
  • emersoam
    Options
    Buy some fun, motivational music from itunes!
  • mrsspendlove
    Options
    A mani/pedi with a friend works for me.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Pedicure, new pair of jeans, new shoes, shopping in general.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    go shopping, get a pedicure, manicure or massage, have people over for a movie night you can have popcorn or a veggie tray, go on a daytrip (one where you will get in alot of walking) , hope this helps
  • mommy2r
    mommy2r Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm with EmmmyK, a massage! Some other ideas would be a mani/pedi (if you like them), a new exercise shirt or shorts, or celebrate by trying something new (any exercise class or activity), and even if you are reaching a mini-goal remember that your accomplishment is BIG! :flowerforyou:
  • AmeliaDouglas
    AmeliaDouglas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Things that are great rewards but also great motivators for me are new clothing, make-up, having my hair done and just generally splurging on beauty or fitness products. It is not only fun to indulge myself, but doing something else to make yourself look or feel good is doubly rewarding because it intensifies the results you are celebrating. If you reach a goal, you deserve to feel good and feel beautiful, feeling hot and special will make it worthwhile to keep going. Even if I haven't reached my goal weight, buying clothing that fits me now makes me look and feel so much better. I do that even when I feel really fat and need to get motivated, I go out and invest in myself.
  • sgeorgia
    sgeorgia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I vote for the massage - you'll feel relaxed and perhaps even more motivated.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Ok what about trying something different - have a look on Google/local info centres and find some awesome "touristy" activities in your area, my boyfriend and I celebrated our last anniversary by going rock climbing and on a high ropes course in the tree tops - it was amazing but the sort of thing you don't normally do when your not "on holiday" so that would be my pic, a holiday activity, maybe go-karting, or ice skating or something like that - it's exercise too :)

Another fun thing to do is to get out of town for a night - book a cute bnb about an hours drive away and go by yourself with some good books/movies or with a friend with a pack of cards - I find getting away and staying somewhere nice so relaxing and refreshing you feel like it's a real treat.
  • iAlly
    iAlly Posts: 66
    Options
    At the moment I know I'd still hate clothes shopping, but maybe when I drop down a size or 2 that could be fun.

A manicure or pedicure would threaten my manliness too much (even if I might secretly like it).

I like the idea of a massage but I've always been too scared to do it lol

So yeah I think I'm gonna organise an activity day of some sort actually go-karting sounds fun

Thanks for all the replies