Starting Again ... Goal to lose weight by wedding

Options
Hey Everyone,

I am starting again with my eating healthy and exercising. I have been successful before in losing weight with the help of tracking foods through myfitnesspal and hoping it will work again for me.

I recently got engaged and now I am motivated more than ever to lose the weight once and forever. I have just over a year to get to my goal weight and am looking to lose 50lbs.

If anyone would be interested in being buddies and motivating each other, please add me as a friend and we will do it together. Or if you have any tips and tricks to help me get to my goal, I am always willing to listen.

Thanks!

Replies

• Rkthach
    Rkthach Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you!! Getting married May 31, 2014 and am working VERY hard to lose at least 20 pounds by then. Would love someone who is striving for the same goal as a buddy!
  • susssy
    susssy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes I will u r buudy I have not signed in a month so glad & happy !!!
    Would u like some competition. Bring it on!!! Luv momxox
    I also need some motivation lol
  • iscahhisfit
    Options
    Hey there! Congratulations on your engagement!
    I'm in the same spot as you--we haven't set an exact date for the ceremony, but the goal is just the same!
    I'm sending you a friend request (:

As far as tips go, I would say take progress pictures and keep a journal/blog for your journey. It'll be something to look back on and motivate you in the future. And I would say to use the technology you have at your disposal. I didn't have a smartphone my first go-around on MFP, but now, I use apps that can be linked to MFP to help keep me focused. (I use Striiv and runkeeper) I find it really helpful because it pushes me to outdo the numbers I logged the day before!
  • jenn0369
    jenn0369 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The Challenge is on ... lets do this together!!! xoxox:happy:
  • jenn0369
    Options
    That's awesome ... I definitely need a few buddies to keep me on track. My fiancé is really supportive and is willing to help me in any way that he can but at the same thing its always great to have people going through the same thing with you.
  • jenn0369
    Options
    Thanks!! I will think about your offer for a private coach although I am looking to save money for the wedding so not too sure how that will fit in the budget :)
  • jenn0369
    Options
    Congrats!! Im standing in a wedding as the maid of honour on May 24, 2014 so I would like to reach a good goal weight by then... Let's do this together!!!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me as a friend! I am on daily, and I strive everyday to motivate and encourage my buddies!!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome back! If you've been on here before you may have seen this thread going around, but I thought that I'd share it. I could've saved myself a year of frustrating plateaus if I had started following it right away!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974889-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Feel free to add me if you like. Except for vacations, I'm on here every day!

Best of luck!
  • LauraMRiley
    LauraMRiley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I too am getting married this coming March. I am cutting it close it seems, but this is how it happens! I have a very busy job in which I'm traveling and working long hours. I would love to connect with people who will hold me accountable when I'm at home or across the country. Please feel free to add me! I'm excited about what all I've seen on MFP.