Help me understand my MFP stats

Options
BlaZeN13x
BlaZeN13x Posts: 25
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I'm very new to MFP and i'm looking at my fitness goals section but i'm having trouble understanding what it all means.

I will post my stats and if anyone could help me understand it better that would be great.

It looks like my carbs per day is really high and my protein low, is this normal?
It is also saying my target is to burn 1590 cal per week but this seems low?
I have an understanding of the calorie deficit but if someone could give me a bit more info on it?

Nutritional Goals Goals
Net Calories Consumed* / Day 1,550 cal/day
Carbs / Day 213 g
Fat / Day 52 g
Protein / Day 58 g

Fitness Goals Goals
Calories Burned / Week 1,590 cal/week
Workouts / Week 5 Workouts
Minutes / Workout 45 mins

Your Diet Profile Target
Calories Burned
From Normal Daily Activity 2,550 cal/day
Net Calories Consumed*
Your Daily Goal 1,550 cal/day
Daily Calorie Deficit 1,000 calories
Projected Weight Loss 2 lbs/week

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    The macros are set at a default per nutritional standards but you can custom set them to whatever ration you like. A lot of folks around here do a balance 40/30/30 (% of carbs, protein, fat).

The activity level was input by you at some point but you should know that it doesn't effect your daily calorie goal. MFP assumes you won't be active, as you can lose weight without exercise. Only when you do log exercises do you get the extra calories you've earned through those activities. Or you can follow the IPOAR (link provided above) where you set TDEE-% and don't eat back earned calories.
  • BlaZeN13x
    Options
    The macros are set at a default per nutritional standards but you can custom set them to whatever ration you like. A lot of folks around here do a balance 40/30/30 (% of carbs, protein, fat).

The activity level was input by you at some point but you should know that it doesn't effect your daily calorie goal. MFP assumes you won't be active, as you can lose weight without exercise. Only when you do log exercises do you get the extra calories you've earned through those activities. Or you can follow the IPOAR (link provided above) where you set TDEE-% and don't eat back earned calories.

Where would I go to custom set them? I've had a look and can only find custom sets for my exercise goals. I think i'd like to put protein up a little and carbs down slightly as I put in some foods that I would eat on a typical day to see what the figures would look like and I went over on the protein but was under a lot on the carbs.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    From the My Home page on the website, go to goals, then click on Change Goals then click on Custom and continue.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals
  • BlaZeN13x
    Options
    From the My Home page on the website, go to goals, then click on Change Goals then click on Custom and continue.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals

Thanks I found it, it has me down at 55 carb / 15 protein / 30 fat .

I am going to try your advice and go 40/30/30.
This discussion has been closed.