Just signed up....advice?

Options
2»

Replies

• BlaZeN13x
    Options
    I really don't see how you could burn 600-650 calories during 45 minutes of cardio.

How can you not think this possible? I am hitting that number of calories consistently every single day I do it.
    What kind of cardio and how do you know the cal burn?? Does seem high. I burn about 400 running for 45 min.

Doing stationary bike and I am getting the calories from the machine.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    You really can't count on machine readings as being accurate when it comes to calories.

I really don't see how you could burn 600-650 calories during 45 minutes of cardio.

How can you not think this possible? I am hitting that number of calories consistently every single day I do it.
    What kind of cardio and how do you know the cal burn?? Does seem high. I burn about 400 running for 45 min.

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options

You are maybe burning about half of that, those machines are not accurate.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    go kick some butt and stop talking.
  • allieandlanie
    allieandlanie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My advice is log everything honestly, add friends (me) and ask for help when needed. I have been on MFP for a while off and on and never really had success until this time. I have my mind in the right place, I sought out friends and support, I ask questions, I log honestly and I try my best. You will have setbacks, plateaus and days were you want to give up but we are here to pick you up and get you on your feet again.... Good Luck
  • seaponie
    seaponie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Burning more calories than you consume will /eventually/ result in weight loss. I don't know why everyone thinks it's rocket science. Probably because news, online articles, advertisements, and plain ol' human emotions get in the way of thinking simply.

It only gets more complicated if you want a *certain* body type, like lots of muscle, or if you have a disease. Other than that, just use MFP to meet or exceed your daily goal and you'll lose weight!
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Looking at where you want to be the 1550 plus your exercise calories sounds about right from MFP. I'm about the same weight you are and I eat between 2000 - 2300 cal/day but I am very active. The best way IMO to get an accurate estimate of how many calories you are burning doing cardio is a heart rate monitor. You can find them pretty reasonable from Amazon. There are also a couple of phone apps that are more accurate than the machines.

And you do need carbs and fat in your diet.

And do find friends here, add me if you want. That is a great way to gain support and ask questions.

You've done spectacular so far.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    you aren't logging what you eat. you may be eating more than you think you are. that is where i would start if I were you. Log every little thing that goes in your mouth. get a scale and actually weigh your food.
This discussion has been closed.