Fat Burners?

Options
Inner_Goddess
Inner_Goddess Posts: 1,146 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I'm not sure which topic to post this in, so if I need to move this, please let me know.

It was suggested to me that I start using a fat burner to increase the productiveness of my workouts. However, I know nothing about them and was wondering if anyone would care to provide some insight. I don't just want to go to my local GNC and have them push products at me and I'm not sure that it's even something I should be considering.

I've been using MFP to track my diet and exercise for the past 7 weeks. I've lost 21+ pounds in that time and feel great. I work out, a little each day doing a minimum of 30DS, 10-15 minutes of additional cardio, and 4 sets of 15 reps (30lb) of lateral pull-in and incline bench press.

Any thoughts on this would be very helpful.

Replies

• dubgirl03
    dubgirl03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I say screw the fat burners because all accounts I have read about them is that they don't work. Sounds to me you found exactly what works for you. 21 pounds is awesome! Keep up the great work:)
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    My experience with them were that they really didn't help or work at all. I would get jittery and my mood was horrible. I tried probably a dozen different kinds, years ago.

My suggestion is don't waste your time or money.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Why do you need fat burners if you've lost 21+ pounds in 7 weeks?

My thoughts/advice? Leave them in the store. You don't need them. Your workouts are as productive as you make them. Make sure you're fuelling yourself properly to sustain these workouts, and you'll be fine.

There are a lot of reviews on fat burners and the majority are bad reviews..
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Forget the unnecessary supplements. You are already burning fat. Try a weight training program to help shape your body, retain muscle mass while you lose fat and increase your bone density. If you want a supplement of any kind, try protein.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Who suggested a fat burner?!? 21 lbs in 7 weeks is amazing. Don't try to fix something that isn't broke. Save your money, they don't work anyway.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Fat burners are an EXCELLENT way to F up your metabolism. EVERY SINGLE person I know who used them for more than a week or two is now battling with hypothyroidism (and were NOT before)..and they didn't even see much in the way of additional weight loss while they were on them. They went from being able to consistently lose .5-1 pound per week before using fat burners (but it wasn't fast enough for them I guess) to GAINING .5-1 pound per week after stopping use of the fat burners (despite NO other change in their diet or exercise routine, besides starting/stopping the fat burners).
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't bother with a "fat burner". i would recommend though that you're taking a woman's multi vitamin that has a full B complex (and if not, take a B complex supplement in addition to your multi) .i just take a prenatal vitamin every day, which definitely eliminates the need to take an additional B complex pill in addition to the multi.

i have also taken chromium picolinate along with my daily vitamin before and would recommend that as the only additional supppliment you may want to consider.
This discussion has been closed.