pizza craving

Options
l911jnt
l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
so I am probably not the first to ever share this but it worked for me so I thought I would. pizza toppings on a tortilla. I had a serious craving Friday night for pizza so that's what I did. it was actually a "soft taco" totilla. I got hunts seasoned tomato sauce for pizza, baby portabello mushrooms sliced and chopped onions. skim mozzarella shredded cheese. One of them was only 227 calories. worked like a charm!
forgot to tell u I put it in the oven LOL

Replies

• pensfan1
    pensfan1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a pizza addict. Today for lunch I had a Lean Cuisine 4 Cheese Traditional pizza. It was actually pretty good. 350 calories. Satisfied my pizza craving for now...
  • lysa4
    lysa4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's how I make my pizzas too.......I made a Chicken Buffalo sauce one over the weekend, does the pizza trick! :o)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower crust or GTFO.
  • shelbelw
    shelbelw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I was a Pizza Hut-aholic before I started MFP. These last couple of months without it have been fairly difficult craving-wise. I am going to try this. Thank you!
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yes, I use tortilla's or pita's for my crust, and make my shrimp pizza! Mmm!
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    This sounds so good! I will have to try it. This should help curb my pizza cravings. I'm not going to lie, though. I almost thought the topic said "pizza carving" and I had to look twice.
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Save yourself all the trouble. Order a square cheese pizza from Pizza Hut. It's only 250 cals a slice. Without the meat toppings and extra big crust, pizza is not a bad choice from most pizza joints.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I like the itty bitty california kitchen ones. they are about 400 calories I think and since they are good I dont feel cheated.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I will admit, tortilla pizza doesn't usually satisfy my pizza craving. I do the personal pizzas sometimes, but depends on how I feel. Usually I just order a thin crust pepperoni with onions and peppers...from the pizza joint I order from it comes out to about 250 a serving...one serving being 1/4 of a medium pizza. I just pair it with a salad and some fruit for dessert and satisfies me.

But..when I do homemade pizzas, I use whole wheat tortillas and use diced tomatoes and season them with oregano. Then just top with whatever is in the house.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower crust or GTFO.
    I keep meaning to try the cauliflower crust.
    One of these days.