Craving CHOCOLATE!!!!

Options
:frown: I am trying desperately to get back on track! I start every day promising myself that today is the beginning of taking care of myself......THEN.....I get stressed or tired or frustrated. Without paying attention, I am grazing. Itʻs so, so frustrating! The worst problem is my chocolate cravings. Everyday! I need to find some new tools for making better choices....Any suggestions people???? Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Plan out every meal for a few weeks, and include chocolate. Initially, it will be a monumental pain in the butt, but knowing what you're going to eat and when can help. In between meals, and snacks of you have them, drink plenty of water. our unsweetened tea.

Sometimes just being more organized by pre planning can he'll. Good luck!
  • TJWrites00
    TJWrites00 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree that I do my best when I plan ahead and pre-log as much as possible. Then I can look at my day and make smart choices.

And I would totally plan in some Hershey's kisses or some 70 calorie chocolate squares or something if that craving really gets you.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Honestly if I want chocolate I let myself have chocolate...I crave it often...so I allow myself something chocolate everyday if I want it...I don't always. But yeah..I will allow myself a donut in the morning if I want something sweet...or will allow a cookie or musketeer bar..usually my go to is 140 cals....York peppermint pattie. I don't know why but it helps a lot!
  • Satiable
    Options
    The worst problem is my chocolate cravings. Everyday!
    Hi Leohoonani! If you want something more substantial than a single square of chocolate, have you considered chocolate protein bars? My go-to chocolate cure is a 30-gram mini ProteinFX bar. http://www.aussiebodies.com.au/product/proteinfx-lo-carb-bars/ About 100 calories, 9 grams of protein, low in sugar and very satisfying. Chances are your local store won't stock exactly that brand, but they should have something similar.
  • KylieJordan16
    KylieJordan16 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches take care of my ice cream AND chocolate cravings :)
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    When I want chocolate, I reach for a chocolate Creamies bar (only 120 calories!) But really, the best thing you can do for your bingeing habits is to STOP buying snack food or easy food and buy stuff that requires preparation. Usually the urge to binge can be beat out by the urge to not want to cook!
  • TonyaMeadows
    Options
    I eat lots of Luna bars & Cliff bars with chocolate in them. I also indulge with Hershey's Air Delights. I focus on the calories, total fat & sodium amounts. I have also had German made chocolate bars but they are small dark chocolate bars. Dark Chocolate is better for you than the milk chocolates.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I was surprised by how much iron is in cocoa powder. You may also be craving iron.
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I crave chocolate too. I go for it when I crave it, but I always pre-log before I eat it. Dove dark chocolate squares are great for me. If I keep the bag on a high shelf and I pre-log. By the time I get to eat one or two I don't eat the whole bag because I have thought it through and looked at the calorie consequences. It is not hard for me to fit the extra 100+/- calories into a day and it satifies my craving.

I also eat coco krispie cereal with milk when I need chocolate. Probably not the healthiest choice but a lot fewer calories than lava cake. Again, pre-logging makes me think it through before I go for the cake.

Skinny Cow treats are great too. Kemps also makes mini ice cream sandwiches that are 100 calories each. (Pre-logging)
  • Leohoonani
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your tips and encouragement!!! Iʻm going to start pre-logging and include the chocolate! I crave it so badly, that i ask my husband to hide the baking chocolate chips! I also have been struggling with snacking in the evening :( I may just make a plan to have my usual fix of fresh strawberries dipped in 100 calories of chocolate (switching to dark chocolate now too). You have all given me a boost....thanks so much for your input. If you want to add me as a friend that would be great!:flowerforyou:
  • YzzyBella
    YzzyBella Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try having low cal hot chocolate + sweetener. I find that it not only the chocolate fix I need sometimes, but also makes me feel fuller and I snack less.
  • RadianWear
    Options
    One word that has help me with my chocolate craving....

SHAKEOLOGY......sooooooooooooooo good lol

Message me if you want more info on it, I looooove it :)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Have you considered that if you are craving chocolate you may actually be low on Magnesium? Try snacking on raw nuts and seeds, legumes or fruit instead.

http://www.dailytransformations.com/food-cravings-here-is-what-your-body-really-wants/
  • rwstoneman1
    rwstoneman1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Plan out every meal for a few weeks, and include chocolate. Initially, it will be a monumental pain in the butt, but knowing what you're going to eat and when can help. In between meals, and snacks of you have them, drink plenty of water. our unsweetened tea.

Sometimes just being more organized by pre planning can he'll. Good luck!

yep, this is the way to go - life without chocolate is not worth living! :p
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I eat DARK chocolate. One bar is 190 calories and I've been doing this long enough to control myself and I will only eat half or less than that depending on how I feel.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Stock up on lots of healthy snacks

Fruits/Raw Veggies/Nuts etc......
  • vickilowell
    vickilowell Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joes nearby.....they sell (in a box of six servings) 100 calorie dark chocolate OR milk chocolate bars and they are fantastic. The dark for 100 calories really really satisfies my chocoholic cravings and is so delicious. I don't believe in cutting out all of the treats in your life, it has always backfired for me personally. Also, frozen fudge pops are very low in calories for that "ice cream" craving.
  • jmoliveson
    jmoliveson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is the best :) Keep it in the fridge so you have to get up to get it and since its hard from being in the fridge you won't be able to eat the whole thing at once.
  • sjkcwatson
    sjkcwatson Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I do too - I've found some ways to work Chocolate into my diet. I make what I call protein balls (oatmeal, chocolate protein power, flaxseed, peanutbutter, honey, and choc chips) and keep them in the freezer. They make a great sweet snack, breakfast, or before bed treat. I also like cottage cheese/oatmeal/banana panckaes with choc chips in them. York pepperment patties (the snack size ones) are great for a quick treat. I've managed to loose (and now maintain) with keepign it in my diet - although managed and logged for sure. And I have been known to have a tablespoon of baking chips on occassion.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I also eat the really bitter 90% cocoa chocolate.

I love it.

One square is like 50 calories. Maybe I will have 3 tonight.

But I plan it!

One thing that works for me too is.. start slow in the morning. Save as many calories as possible for later in the day. Especially when I was on lower calories that really helped.