Ugh...Fatigue

Options
OK Folks...I need support. I woke up tired about an hour ago:cry: (I work nights--It's OK). I only have 200-some calories left today, and dinner is hamburgers. I'd love to squeeze some calories in for the yummy pasta salad, too...but (WHINE) I'm tired. I don't WANNA exercise.:grumble:

Oh OK. I hear you. I'll go turn on the yoga video and eek out a couple calories. That may energize me enough to dance a bit when I clean up the kitchen from the whirlwind that happened in here when I slept.

What gets you motivated when you're facing excuses or, well, small reasons not to keep going? How do you work past fatigue and mental fog? Have you noticed when you start moving you overcome your fatigue?

I'd love your thoughts, suggestions, personal stories and any words of encouragement. Thanks ALL! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My thought is that several days last week you ate less than 1000 calories. Maybe that is why you're so tired? Honestly, use those calories you didn't eat this past week tonight, for dinner, and eat a reasonable amount of everything.

I would also recommend setting your weight loss goal to 1.5lbs per week instead of 2lbs. Your weight loss will be a little bit slower, but you'll be able to eat 250 more calories a day.

And... since your calorie goal is so tiny, I might also add that you're drinking a lot of your calories during the week. If you could cut out sweet tea and creamer/sugar in your coffee it could probably save you around 600-1000 calories a week you could use on food, which could definitely help with fatigue.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    My thought is that several days last week you ate less than 1000 calories. Maybe that is why you're so tired? Honestly, use those calories you didn't eat this past week tonight, for dinner, and eat a reasonable amount of everything.

I would also recommend setting your weight loss goal to 1.5lbs per week instead of 2lbs. Your weight loss will be a little bit slower, but you'll be able to eat 250 more calories a day.

Ditto. There's no mystery. Eat more and you'll feel much better.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options

And... since your calorie goal is so tiny, I might also add that you're drinking a lot of your calories during the week. If you could cut out sweet tea and creamer/sugar in your coffee it could probably save you around 600-1000 calories a week you could use on food, which could definitely help with fatigue.

This is truly great advice. I hope your not offended by it and take it to heart. Best of luck!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    My thought in those situations is that fatigue is an indicator something is wrong with my body or the way I'm treating it. Usually, it's not enough sleep, food, etc.

If as others say your cal intake is 1000, it's way too little for really anyone. Look at the TDEE - 15% method, much easier to sustain and feel good. Gets results too.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

• darkrose20
    Options
    Thanks for the insight. I suppose I am drinking my calories needlessly. I have tried to work without the coffee, and that just makes me nod off at the desk. I'm trying to like coffee without cream. I cut back this far...used to use the sweatened non-dairy creamers in the bottle until the stuff was sickeningly sweet. :-)
  • darkrose20
    Options
    My thought in those situations is that fatigue is an indicator something is wrong with my body or the way I'm treating it. Usually, it's not enough sleep, food, etc.

If as others say your cal intake is 1000, it's way too little for really anyone. Look at the TDEE - 15% method, much easier to sustain and feel good. Gets results too.

I'll take a look at TDEE. Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: TDEE minus 15% means I should be eating 1500 cals. Wow! :bigsmile:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat more. If you're fuelling your body properly, life will be much more pleasant for you. Sleep will be better, exercise will be invigorating rather than exhausting and something you don't want to do, libido will be good, moods will be nice, etc. When you consistently don't eat enough, you're screwing up your hormones, and that has a knock on effect in pretty much every part of your life.