Reached my goal weight! 27 lbs gone!

Options
I lost 27 lbs in about 5.5 months. I started at 142 lbs, (3/25/13) and as of today (9/8/2013), I weigh 115 lbs! I am 5'4.

I've always worked out, and 'thought' I was eating healthy, but MFP really made me aware of what I was putting into my body everyday! I was eating and way more than my small frame really needed, so I changed my calorie goal to about 1500 calories per day. (Im assuming before I was eating about 2800 per day). I try to get AT LEAST 30 minutes of exercise per day. Some days are more....

My profile picture is me at about 117lbs. Close enough to my goal weight.

Replies

• felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That's great!! congrats!
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, and this is where I am headed. 5'3" currently 120. Closing in!

Good for you and thanks for posting picture of where I will be soon!

CONGRATULATIONS!
  • easy2putt
    easy2putt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I lost 27 lbs in about 5.5 months. I started at 142 lbs, (3/25/13) and as of today (9/8/2013), I weigh 115 lbs! I am 5'4.

I've always worked out, and 'thought' I was eating healthy, but MFP really made me aware of what I was putting into my body everyday! I was eating and way more than my small frame really needed, so I changed my calorie goal to about 1500 calories per day. (Im assuming before I was eating about 2800 per day). I try to get AT LEAST 30 minutes of exercise per day. Some days are more....

that's awesome..that is my around my daily caloric intake too..hehe..hopefully I get similar results..good job!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Its always encouraging to hear when people reach their goal weight and that they did it the right way (no fad diet, etc)!

So congratulations!!!!

Now comes th part I've never been very good at .. maintenance. Wish you well on this important part of your journey.

:flowerforyou:
  • philleah
    philleah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! I appreciate it :)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your successful weight loss! that's how I felt with MFP, surprised at what I thought was "eating healthy" and learning it wasn't. Enjoy maintenance mode! :)
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    great job! you look awesome :)
  • gera368
    gera368 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I think you did a really good job.
    Encouraging for other people like me.
    And now stay there! maybe that's the most difficult part of the journey :-)
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Well done on reaching your goal! And thanks for sharing, I love seeing hard work pay off, so inspiring :smile:
  • kayjaycee9
    kayjaycee9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Great job!!! It's amazing how my height, weight and loss are like yours EXACTLY! My only problem now is everyone telling me I'm too skinny and why did I even want to lose weight to begin with. How about you, do you get the same remarks?? Also, I can't stress strength training enough. That is truly what has kept my weight off for months now (along with keeping my calories in check of course)
  • miri17k
    miri17k Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely fabulous! so inspiring!
  • tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Well done! I've only lost 8 lbs so far, but am trying to keep my mind on the end-goal and stick with MFP. It's hard to imagine five or so month from now, but I think things have gone okay for my first 5 weeks. Thanks for sharing your success, it really is helpful to see someone do it!
  • philleah
    Options

Great job!!! It's amazing how my height, weight and loss are like yours EXACTLY! My only problem now is everyone telling me I'm too skinny and why did I even want to lose weight to begin with. How about you, do you get the same remarks?? Also, I can't stress strength training enough. That is truly what has kept my weight off for months now (along with keeping my calories in check of course)

Hi! Congrats to you as well!! I've gotten one or two remarks about being too skinny or asking if I was 'starving myself'.........I just politely replied that I made a conscious effort to take control of my weight by being more aware of what i'm putting into my body. That's the thing, I've always strength trained and done cardio, but I was eating so much that it was impossible for me to see any of the hard work! As they say, abs are made in the kitchen. ;)
  • mccelle
    Options
    Great to hear!! Well done girl - they do say it's 20% gym and 80% in the kitchen to see results. Looks like you're proof of that! :-)
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration :-) I cant wait til I get down to my goal weight
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Great job, and you do look awesome!!
  • philleah
    Options
    Well done! I've only lost 8 lbs so far, but am trying to keep my mind on the end-goal and stick with MFP. It's hard to imagine five or so month from now, but I think things have gone okay for my first 5 weeks. Thanks for sharing your success, it really is helpful to see someone do it!

Keep up the good work! ....I definitely know what you mean; it is hard to see the big picture. Just take it one week at a time, and before you know it, you will be at your goal. MFP is really what kept my weight loss in check, coupled with exercise, of course.
  • StephanieMM2013
    Options
    amazing! You look fantastic!
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I think you're a perfect inspiration for all of us on here who don't have that much to loose.
  • PolkaDot_Princess
    PolkaDot_Princess Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I have a simalar goal, i'd like to drop about 20-25 lbs. I'm 150 now at 5'2".

you look FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for posting, this is great motivation :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!