Hello

qwants2bslimmer
qwants2bslimmer Posts: 30 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone :)

Since turning 41 my weight has been playing tricks on me!! I have started to put on weight and with the weight going on I just don't want to exercise and am beginning to feel quite miserable. I don't know if anyone else is like me but the more I worry about my weight the more the eat - HELP??!!! I have very few clothes that fit me at the moment and have had to go out and buy a few bits in the next size. I have just logged my lunch and am very surprised by what I thought was an ok snack but it has only left me with 393 calories for the rest of the day emmmmmmmmmmm. I hope by charting my food and reading everyone elses stories will help me get motivated - 'cause my motivating is hiding at the moment!!

Linda
x

Replies

• you know i feel that way too the older i got the fater i got i been doing this for about 25 days and it does work it real helps me .good luck and hang in their
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    I had gained about 20 lbs since turning 40. I could always force diet and drop 15lbs in a month to make weight for the Army. But I would put it all back within a month.

Dig deep and make yourself exercise. Start with walking 20-30mins a day. It took me about two weeks of forcing myself to walk at lunch before it became a habit that I look forward to.

Record what you eat and what you do for activities, but pay more attention to how you feel.
  • Good Morning LInda,
    I totally understand. I didn't have a weight problem until about 10 years ago. And up until two years ago, I still didn't think I had a weight problem. Now I am 45 and have tons of clothes, most of which do not fit. I am not sure what is motivating me now. I think the reality of my youngest graduating in May. Instead of being depressed, I've decided to look at my empty nest as the beginning of the rest of my life. So not losing the weight isn't an option any more. I am tired of looking at the extra weight in the mirror. And yes, I force myself to look at myself barely clothed if at all everyday. It's been two weeks (1 wk on this website) and I am beginning to notice the difference in the mirror and in the way my clothes fit. Stay focused, and find an activity that you enjoy doing, that way it wont feel like a workout. For me it is racketball. I can burn 771 calories an hour! Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.

Racketgirl
  • qwants2bslimmer
    qwants2bslimmer Posts: 30 Member
    Hiya,

Thanks for your kind messages - I am really glad I found this site and look forward to losing weight with you all!!!!!!

I know that exercise is the key with me and with your help and guidance I may just find my motivation once more!! :)

Linda
This discussion has been closed.