5.2 Tiger Prawn Curry - BRILLIANT!!!

Options
alanmkr
alanmkr Posts: 1 Member
Hello, I've been stalking this site for several months, this is my first post, I found this recipe on www.lavenderandlovage.com and it is GREAT. They have other excellent 5.2 recipes, just a great source of ideas in general.

Tiger Prawn Curry with Basmati Rice, 250 calories per portion *

Serves 4

Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
Total time 45 minutes

Low-fat cooking spray
1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
500g (1lb 2ozs) raw tiger prawns, peeled (or king prawns)
100g (31/2 ozs) low-fat natural yoghurt
small bunch of coriander
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Curry Paste

1 onion, peeled and diced
4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 red chillies, de-seeded
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
Curry Sauce

1/2 teaspoon salt
juice of a lemon

Step 2 Heat a large wok or frying pan and the spray with low-fat cooking spray; add the mustard seeds and fry until they pop and release their aroma. Then add the curry sauce paste and fry for a further 3 to 4 minutes before adding 250 mls (9 fl oz) of water.

Step 3 Stir in the tinned chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes. Then add the prawns and simmer gently for 4 or 5 minutes, or until they are firm and pink in colour.

Step 4 Check and adjust the seasoning if needed and then add the yoghurt and chopped coriander, gently stirring it in whilst the pan is off the heat.

* The curry on it's own is only 155 calories.

Step 5 Serve immediately with steamed (or boiled) Basmati rice; a 60g serving is 95 calories. An average naan bread is about 350 calories and a mini Weight Watchers naan bread is between 98 and 107 calories, depending on flavour.

Replies