Sweat dripping into your eyeballs - Help?

Options
That **** burns! I seem to have started sweating profusely when I work out. And I'm usually moving around too much to always grab my towel.

Has anyone discovered a solution (besides aforementioned sweat towel) to keep the sweat out of your eyes without looking like this?

7.gif

Replies

• janimei
    janimei Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do water aerobics so don't have that problem. How about an all-cotton doo-rag? Or tennis player's sweat band?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    My biggest issue is when I am running so I wear a hat or a visor.

Also, those funky wrist bands that I thought were just a fashion accessory - turns out they are actually useful. I wear one on my arm when running and use it to wipe by eyes and face. They work.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I sweat buckets and wear a headband. I actually will sweat through two regular Buffs on a couple hours hike in the summer. My headbands after the gym are soaked, but it helps a lot!!
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Also, those funky wrist bands that I thought were just a fashion accessory - turns out they are actually useful. I wear one on my arm when running and use it to wipe by eyes and face. They work.

Ohh! Good idea! And I won't look like I'm trying to be in an 80s workout video.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I wear a half-buff when I run. And a bandana when I play flag football and softball. They do the job for me.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    That **** burns!

Hell yes it does.

I wear a bandana if it's going to be really hot outside.
  • RunningGranny
    Options
    Halo bands, they really work great!!!
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Work out more?

My sweat doesn't sting any more.

Not sure why, but it stopped about the time it got really hot this summer (and I sweat buckets).

It's awesome - it still runs through my eyes, but it's no bother.
  • BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Buddy Bands TM.

Just kidding, I loved Saved by the Bell (except the new class and when they were in Ohio or wherever with Miss Bliss, when they were babies).

I just put my towel within reach. A LOT of people wear headbands, sweatbands, doo rags, bandanas or hats. I've even seen a guy with a towel laying on top of his head. Don't know if that would work though, as I imagine any head movement would knock it onto the flooor.
  • Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That **** burns!

Yes it does!!! I have since embraced the 80's look when I am working out at home. And I'm public, i just leave the headband off. Lol. The wristbands aren't too bad and still work at wiping the sweat off. And of course, i ain't afraid of just using the ends of my shirt. I am one really sweaty person when working out. Seriously looks like I came up from a pool when i do an intensive workout. Embrace the bands!
  • thesifter
    thesifter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    even a baseball cap does the trick , to a certain extent. I wear a wrist band sometimes , then you can do the occasional mop. Interestingly , when i had a beard, the sweat ran in all the right directions automatically, hope that ain't an option for you.... :bigsmile:
  • GI_John_RN
    GI_John_RN Posts: 48 Member
    Options

I do this as well. Or wear a headband.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I just wear my sweat band lol i dont care what i look like when i am pouring sweat it probably isnt pretty anyways
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Sweat bands indoors, du-rag outdoors.... works for me.
  • BeTheFire
    BeTheFire Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just don't trim my uni-brow and let it do the work (j/k)
  • Boxykins
    Boxykins Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You don't want to look like that??

Anyway, I read some good amazon reviews on some kind of headband with gutters in it, so it redirects the sweat behind your ears, rather than in your face.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    close your eyes?
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I play Hurling, its an irish sport and involves wearing a helmet

So you tend to sweat a lot, and I find that rubbing some vaseline across your eyebrows deflects the water do the side of your face
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Wipe it off with shirt or bandana.
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    http://bradybands.com/

swear by these to keep my sweaty hair out of my face..also the wide bands and scarfs work great. my head is way to big for most hats, but man i wish i could wear one lol.