Chicken!

Options
weelissa
weelissa Posts: 89 Member
I'm not a huge chicken fan. I find it bland and boring. However, I have two organic breasts in the fridge which I need to use before tomorrow.

Every time I make chicken I rub green Thai paste into it and bake it in foil with chopped chilli and a squeeze of lime. I serve it with couscous and spinach.

But I don't want that tonight.. I want something tasty and different. Perhaps with tomatoes as my tomato plants are going berserk just now.

Sooo... any suggestions?

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Do you like orange marmalade? I like to put it on my chicken sometimes and bake it. You can also add spices as well.
    If I think of any tomato ideas I will post those too!
  • sclabbatz
    Options
    We made some really great salsa chicken the other night. Chicken breat with homemade salsa on top baked. Its really yummy! I'm sure you could substitute store bought salsa, but homemade is probably the healthier way to go!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Try cutting them up and making a chicken and veggie stir fry, or make a chicken and brown rice casserole with mixed veggies.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Chicken cordon bleu
    Chicken quasidilla
    Chicken enchilada's
    Mix together butter & bread crumbs, put on chicken & bake
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    a few tablespoons of soy sauce and a few more of pure orange juice - let the chicken sit in that in the fridge in and oven dish covered with tin foil for an hour or more then oven cook still in the sauce. leaves the chicken really tender and juicy with a great flavor! you can make some cuts in the chicken to let the flavor in more and also cut up an orange and put it on and around the chicken for a stronger flavor.
  • heyzoos
    heyzoos Posts: 21
    Options
    First of all. Well done for losing all that weight. You look amazing!! :D

If you are not a huge fan of Chicken then I would suggest Herby grilled chicken kebabs (very tasty):

The following is for two people.

Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts
    small bunch of fresh mint
    small bunch of coriander
    small bunch of fresh basil
    1 fresh red chilli
    2 garlic cloves
    1 small bunch of spring onions
    1 little gem lettuce
    1/2 cucumber
    1 punnet of cress
    1 ripe avocado
    1/2 tsb english mustard
    4 small pitta breads
    1 lemon
    1 medium courgette
    red wine vinegar
    extra virgin olive oil
    olive oil
    seal salt
    black pepper

Equipment:

Food processor
    Salad spinner
    Wooden skewers
    2 mixing bowls

Instructions:

Preheat grill to max and put a baking tray or grill pan underneath to heat up. Put four skewers in a tray of cold water to soak.

Put the mint (without stalks), coriander (with stalks), deseeded chilli, peeled garlic cloves, 1 half of the spring onions (trim them first), a big pinch of salt and pepper into a food processor.

Grate in the zest of a lemon then cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice of one half into the processor. Whiz it up into a paste and transfer to a mixing bowl.

Cut each chicken breast into six even chunks and place in the herb paste with a dollop of olive oil. Mix well so all the chicken pieces are coated.

Trim the ends of the courgette then use a speed peeler to peel it into thin strips. Add these strips to a separate mixing bowl with a pinch of salt, a dollop of extra virgin olive oil and a quezze of lemon juice. Toss together.

Skewer 3 pieces of chicken and bundles of folded courgette strips onto each skewer, so you have a few pieces of courgette between each piece of chicken.

Chop the bottom off the little gem lettuce. Separate the leaves, then wash and spin them dry.

Finely slice the remaining spring onions. Quarter the cucumber lengthways the slice. Cut the cress (with scissors) onto the board.

Stone and peel the avocado and add to the board with the lettuce leaves. Pick the basil leaves, add these to the board, then roughly chop everything on the board together.

Slide the chicken kebabs onto your preheated grill pan and put under the grill for 3 minutes.

Make a well in the middle of the salad on the board and add the mustard, a splash of red wine vinegar and a splash of olive oil.

Chop everything together a bit more then season with salt and pepper and put into a serving bowl.

Place the pitta breads on the bottom shelf of the grill underneath the chicken to warm through.

After 3 minutes, turn the kebabs over and cook for 2 - 4 minutes until they are golden and cooked through.

Put the kebabs on some warmed plates. Put the salad and pitta in the middle of your dinner table for people to help themselves.

Enjoy!!!
  • heyzoos
    heyzoos Posts: 21
    Options
    Double post..
  • weelissa
    weelissa Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    These all look delicious- thankyou!

I'll let you all know which one I try :)
  • MommaFreem
    Options
    I am actually making some chicken tonight. I am going to stuff it with spinach and mushrooms, tomatoes and a little bit of mozzarella cheese and then bake it in the oven. Yum!