Insanity

Options
I'm 5' 2" and, as of tonight, weigh 160 pounds. I'm determined to finally change. I actually have been eating significantly healthier the past few days (forcing myself to eat green beans when I'm hungry, without heavy dressing). However, I need to find a good exercise program to help me lose two pounds a week.

Is the Shaun T. Insanity workout okay to start for someone in my physical condition? I can do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred without killing myself. It's still difficult, but I'm not scared of it.

Is Insanity worth it?

Replies

• alanmonks
    alanmonks Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Im 5'9" and weigh 180 pounds. Im on the 5th day of this. Ive been building myself up for months to do it. I love it. I feel myself getting stronger. Im finishing strong and feel amazing after.

Results wont show yet, but i am confident i will.
  • wiserebel
    wiserebel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 2 days into the 2nd month and its great. The difference is amazing, but like anything you have to work for it.

The first month was hard but by the end, I found I could keep up with everyone on the DVD without really having to stop. The second month so far is amazingly hard, makes the first month look like it was just one big warm up but it still great.

I had a reasonably high level of cardio before I started, I do lots of running, upto Half Marathon distances a few times a week.

The great thing with Insanity is you just do it at your own pace, rest when you need to and get right back into it.

Si
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Insanity - Yes it's worth it. You'll lose weight through out the program if you eat correctly. My visible results really came in the 2nd month. Anyone can do Insanity, you push play and then try to keep up. My fav workout was the Upperbody strength training from the deluxe package. Lots of people seem to love 'Pure Cardio' which has very few push ups compared to the other vids.
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    Nothing against the 30DS but I don't think it would prepare you much more for Insanity. I say just do it! Don't think just dive right in!!
  • rosie5656
    rosie5656 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity on Monday and I am doing fine, just taking breaks when I need them. I'm not starting with a solid cardio ability right now, previously I have been doing treadmill workouts where I walk .25 miles, run .5 miles (do this for about 3 miles). I can't do everything, but I do what I can and if I need a break I keep it as short as possible. I look at it as the first time around I won't be able to do everything perfectly, but by my second cycle, I am hoping to be able to keep up with the videos, at least better than I am today!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and, as of tonight, weigh 160 pounds. I'm determined to finally change. I actually have been eating significantly healthier the past few days (forcing myself to eat green beans when I'm hungry, without heavy dressing). However, I need to find a good exercise program to help me lose two pounds a week.

Is the Shaun T. Insanity workout okay to start for someone in my physical condition? I can do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred without killing myself. It's still difficult, but I'm not scared of it.

Is Insanity worth it?

insanity is totally worth it, but you wont see the results on the scales, so measure and take pictures! (i put on 2lbs the frst time i did insanity, but lost a load of bodyfat)
  • drazani
    drazani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on the 3rd week of the 2 nd month of insanity I'm a 205lb male, my fitness wasn't the greatest when I started this. It is defiantly doable though, you don't need to keep up with everyone on the DVD and it doesn't matter if you need a quick break whilst doing the routines.

My fitness has dramatically improved while doing this and my body shape is now changing, inc losing my belly lol. You may not necessarily lose weight but your measurements will change :-)
  • HefferSprint
    HefferSprint Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing Insanity, but am working out every day at the gym for an hour doing cardio/strength training.

Curious if you ever get a day off during the training or if you go for 30 days straight at a time. I'm on Day 13 of going to the gym. Rest day or no rest.
  • webdevsoup
    webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I've attempted Insanity 3 times, and gotten injured every time. Whether that was because of bad form, or just too much pressure on my body (was about 235 lbs, 5'10"). Now, I run 3 times a week, and I dropped almost 40 lbs in 5 months. It's not that bad. Good luck to you!

Also - Check out TurboFire or Hip Hop Abs.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing Insanity, but am working out every day at the gym for an hour doing cardio/strength training.

Curious if you ever get a day off during the training or if you go for 30 days straight at a time. I'm on Day 13 of going to the gym. Rest day or no rest.

insanity gives you a rest day once a week and a lighter, stretching day once a week.

rest is important.