How to cut out more Sugar

Options
2»

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Eat less fruit and grains, eat more vegetables. You can get all of the same nutrition from vegetables as you can get from grains and fruit, just vary the kinds you are eating and think colourful :smile:
    You won't get nearly the amount of fiber from vegetables as you get from grains and especially berries.

True, but you can get sufficient amounts from seeds and vegetables combined. As well, berries are a lower sugar fruit, so that could be included in eating less fruit in general.

^^When logic completely fails you, go to this.

In what world are naturally occurring sugars a problem for healthy people?

She asked how to reduce her sugar intake, so I gave her solutions. I'm not saying cut out fruit or sugars entirely. Nothing illogical about that...

Yep. No need to actually address the real issue that she's worrying about something she doesn't need to worry about. Big Help. Huge. You'll do well here.

There's no need to be rude. I happen to disagree that there's nothing to worry about so I chipped in my two cents. All I did was encourage her to eat more vegetables, that's hardly a detrimental comment.

Uninformed and ignorant = detrimental

Even the American Heart Association, which does recommend reducing sugars, makes an exception for naturally occurring sugars.

I know, I know, it's all "opinion," right? And all opinions are "special." FFS, this is why we can't have nice things . . .
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Eat less fruit and grains, eat more vegetables. You can get all of the same nutrition from vegetables as you can get from grains and fruit, just vary the kinds you are eating and think colourful :smile:
    You won't get nearly the amount of fiber from vegetables as you get from grains and especially berries.

True, but you can get sufficient amounts from seeds and vegetables combined. As well, berries are a lower sugar fruit, so that could be included in eating less fruit in general.

She asked how to reduce her sugar intake, so I gave her solutions. I'm not saying cut out fruit or sugars entirely. Nothing illogical about that...

Yep. No need to actually address the real issue that she's worrying about something she doesn't need to worry about. Big Help. Huge. You'll do well here.

There's no need to be rude. I happen to disagree that there's nothing to worry about so I chipped in my two cents. All I did was encourage her to eat more vegetables, that's hardly a detrimental comment.

Even the American Heart Association, which does recommend reducing sugars, makes an exception for naturally occurring sugars.

I know, I know, it's all "opinion," right? And all opinions are "special." FFS, this is why we can't have nice things . . .

I think you're taking this way out of proportion, I'll leave you to your anger.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I think you're taking this way out of proportion, I'll leave you to your anger.

Let's call in "amusement." I'm very entertained.
  • Cazco29
    Cazco29 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post - from a newbie who won't have to ask again! :happy: