To the woman I see on Rt 4 in MA

Options

Replies

• VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    This post in incredibly powerful. Too often those of us in the beginning of our journey struggle with perception...we fear the sideways glances, and the way we look when we're struggling to run a 20 minute mile on a road along some roadrunner type, or the fear that some jerk is going to moo at us as we ride our bike past them (this has actually happened to me)...but then there's this. The fact that we're out there, doing it, just like this lady, determined to get through it at any cost, that makes us more powerful than anything else. I applaud this woman, and I applaud you for helping me realize that when I'm out there, slow, painful, struggling, there is someone, somewhere cheering me on
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    thanks for the inspiration!
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I hope she is on MFP and sees this. She deserves to know how amazing she is. Thank you for this post OP.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Excellent post, thank you OP :flowerforyou:
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    umm this creeped me out... i walk/jog on RT 4 everyday but in New Hampshire...
  • Mamagill08
    Mamagill08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This post made my morning! Thanks so much for posting it. To take the time to recognize someone you don't even know is wonderful! :smile:
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    LOVE this!

Thank you for continuing to give her the thumbs up, we all need that little extra encouragement now and then!

:drinker:
  • tamadrummer001
    tamadrummer001 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I guess Ill be the first sappy dude to applaud you on this one brother! That encouragement is what we all need man! Everyday I go into that gym and look around at the people that know what the equipment is for and how to use it and I just kind of mimic what I see and wait until my training days to really understand but even now, 7 weeks into my training, the usually smart guy that can figure anything out is still struggling to get diet and exercise down pat.

If I had anyone here in my little town that I could write this up for, I would be doing it as a tribute to you and your inner person man! Thanks for the authentic inspiration!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    And YOUR encouragement to this unknown woman is also an encouragement to us. Thank you...BOTH!!
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You, sir, have made my day. Any one of us could be that woman-at least I know I could be-and it makes me so happy that you are lauding her efforts. Thank you for putting a huge smile on my face at 8:32 on this Tuesday morning!
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Great post OP! Who knows, maybe she's even a member here and will read this! :smile:

This made me think of my ride home last night... I saw a young couple out running with their dog. Both in very good shape, both looking healthy, fit and committed to a healthy lifestyle even for their dog. It made me immediately think... "I hope one day that will be me and my husband running together with our dog and inspiring someone else."
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    This choked me up. It took every ounce of my courage to get out of my house to work out everyday. Maybe some are giving me the thumbs up too. Instead of the mockery I fear. You are a gem. :)
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Im a bit creeped out too.
    I kinda know that area since im from NH.

OP, I like your sentiment here.
    But youve just made it really easy for someone to follow her...
  • My3Sons1051
    My3Sons1051 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Beautiful post! I was a bit misty eyed as well. I give her a thumbs up! I do hope she is on MFP and sees this. This is the kind of posts we need on here. No badmouthing or shaming, just pure love and admiration for a job well done. Thank you OP for sharing. This definitely brightened my day! :flowerforyou:
  • AegisAngel
    Options
    Amazing post, thank you. Its nice to know that there are people out there giving a thumps up or giving admiration for those who push themselves every day. Made my day!
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say that Billerica is pronounced 'bill-RIH-ca.'

Greetings from NH!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    SO in.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options

Im a bit creeped out too.
    I kinda know that area since im from NH.

OP, I like your sentiment here.
    But youve just made it really easy for someone to follow her...

How is this creepy? Also, there's no description of this woman other than her bike. Also, OP says "I don't know where you are going to or where you are coming from, but when I see you, it must be at a point where you are pretty far into your ride." Not exactly easy to follow someone if you don't know where they start or where they end up.
  • eidc
    eidc Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up, to you for posting this! Awesome!! You just made my morning!
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    This is awesome and so well written. That woman is an inspiration. Thank you for sharing.