Every Band Has at least One Redeemable Song

Options
GuitarJerry
GuitarJerry Posts: 6,102 Member
I have this theory that every musician and band in pop music, by pop music I literally mean "popular", not today's meaning of "pop", has at least one redeemable song that is legit.

The only exception to this might be Hootie and the Blowfish. Other than that, even Britney Spears has some pretty kick-*kitten* songs that I've heard redone that I thought, wow, I didn't know that was actually a good song.

So, the challenge is, think about a band that maybe doesn't have any redeemable music who is popular or well-known. I can't think of any really, other then what I said above.

One hit wonders do not count in this. Think more about people that have been around a while.

Replies

• MichaelleahciM
    Options
    I've never liked anything I've heard by shinedown.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    coldplay. every song is just a wash of blandness, like they just took an average of the world's existing melodies and harmonies.

and nickelback.
  • SadFaerie
    SadFaerie Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    One Direction. The only direction I can think of is away from that shizz.
  • anemoneprose
    Options
    So far, I like everything mentioned,

Ok, but what does that mean? You said legit. WHY do you like Nickelback? Which song? What happened in your life that led to that??

sorry, just the existence of that band makes me sad for humanity.

(& you put the burden of proof on yourself, you've got to find at least one good song. Consider yourself challenged!)
  • MichaelleahciM
    Options

Ok, but what does that mean? You said legit. WHY do you like Nickelback? Which song? What happened in your life that led to that??

(& you put the burden of proof on yourself, you've got to find at least one good song. Consider yourself challenged!)

I think their cover of sum 41's song "how you remind me" was decent, but since it was a cover idk if it counts.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    the world disagrees but Jimmy Buffet makes my skin crawl with his faux-caribbean schtick.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Coldplay is beautiful. Yes, I am one of "those" people and I don't care haha

Nickelback, though, really? Come on. Or like, Creed? Or Rebecca Black?
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options

I think their cover of sum 41's song "how you remind me" was decent, but since it was a cover idk if it counts.
    um, sum41 did the cover.. that song was nickelback's first single.
  • MichaelleahciM
    Options

um, sum41 did the cover.. that song was nickelback's first single.

My mistake
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    the world disagrees but Jimmy Buffet makes my skin crawl with his faux-caribbean schtick.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one. Ugh. Every time I hear "Margaritiaville" (which, to me, only sounds different from his other songs in that it annoys me more than the others), I want to beat the radio to death. I worked in a Johnny Rockets and our radio was broken. I got the great pleasure of hearing "Margaritaville" and "The Copacabana" about eight times each in a four-hour shift. It took me two months to quit.
  • anemoneprose
    Options

I think it's called "bullet". I freaking love that song. I don't know why everyone hates Nickelback. I think they're awesome.

i guess we will have to agree to disagree.. de gustibus non est disputandum
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't get the hate people have for Nickelback. I'm not a fan. But I don't hate them to the point of beeing sad for humanity.
    I never met someone who said: I like Nickelback. But They have sold ALOT of albums and toured everywhere. They must have fans. What's up with that?

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

i love listening to Buffet but i realize its not the best music. the music makes you think about all the great things in life.

its kind of like the smell of fuel and ocean water. in and of itself its not a good smell but when you smell it you know you are boating so i actually like the smell.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    coldplay. every song is just a wash of blandness, like they just took an average of the world's existing melodies and harmonies.

and nickelback.
    Agreed...and I'd go so far as to add Dave Matthews to the list. I know a lot of people love him, but I find him to be whiney and annoying!
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I have not one good thing to say about any David Bowie song. I hate him.
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever heard a One Direction song, so I don't about that one.

Try and keep it that way