Yoga

Options
Can anyone recommend a good yoga DVD for beginners, intermediate and advanced please?

Replies

• red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Because yoga benefits are so directly related to proper form, I found it much more beneficial to go to a local yoga class for beginners.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    I like Rodney Yee's dvds, AM yoga, PM yoga, and when your feeling strong and ready for a real challenge, Power Yoga. He doesn't really do begin, inter. and adv He also has a back care dvd as well. Gaima the company that produces him also has other teachers, I just like him the best.
  • KarateMadMum
    Options
    Check out DDP yoga.. there is a thread on it here

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/658084-has-anyone-tried-ddp-yoga

I have been looking into it and will be ordering the DVDs as soon as I can
  • igotabulletproofheart
    Options
    www.doyogawithme.com
    This website is like my second home.

I do the power yoga ones by Fiji McAlpine once a day, every day and I swear to god, never in my life have I felt so relaxed or not weak (not yet strong, but not weak)! Just in the last two weeks I've been working on recovering from a pretty huge meltdown/nervous breakdown which made a huge negative impact on my life in the middle of this year and to top it off I gained about 10-15lbs. (I'm 5'2 and currently 140lbs so that 10lbs really does show!) I started doing the power yoga to at least preserve my muscle whilst I'm on a calorie deficit and I'm hoping to even gain some. Because my focus right now is my muscle mass, I'll also be doing ashtanga yoga once I can master that god damned chaturanga dandasana. I should mention, I'm relying on these videos for my muscle mass because I can't go to the gym to use their equipment as I suffer social anxiety and right now I'm starting uni and have no job so I can't afford to buy my own equipment! And yoga is just so damn amazing, I wouldn't give it up for the world! :happy: I did today's session just now so I'm currently recovering from that euphoric feeling that only workouts can give! :happy:
  • alanmonks
    alanmonks Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Some good places to start here.

Ive heard of DDP yoga as there is a video going around Facebook, and its on his front page of the bloke that was a war veteran and almost disabled.
  • jmunn95
    jmunn95 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    There is so much more to yoga than easy, medium, advance. It totally depends on what style of yoga you want to do. I've been practicing for nearly two years, so maybe I can help a little bit. If you want to do some yoga for physical fitness, I'd suggest Rodney Yee a.m. or p.m. Or, if you're looking for a calmer yoga for stretching I would say Suzanne Deason's a.m. p.m. yoga for beginners. If you want more spiritual yoga with a fitness aspect, Kunalini yoga is where you want to go. If you have any more questions, feel free to message me.
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I love yoga and swear by it for joint issues. The websites listed here are good resources, but I second the poster that says you should try to get some classes. Going even just once a week will really help you learn the correct posture and alignment so that when you practice at home you get as much out of the yoga as you can.

(ps groupon and living social are great places to look for yoga studio deals)
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like "Element: Hatha & Flow Yoga For Beginners" by Tamal Dodge.