Yup, I need help!

Options
Yoyoing for years, now 54 and tired. Oddly enough I can still hike and cycle, although it doesn't give me pleasure anymore, those 30 or so pounds are heavy. They make me sad too. So off to a September start, even though it is the 10th, today seems like a good day to kick myself in the butt and get going.

Looking for help and support! Gotta get myself to the gym, eat right and laugh again.

Replies

• NYCMom
    NYCMom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today is a perfect day to start. Much better than tomorrow or never. Take it slow and be healthy.
  • EAPTX
    EAPTX Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place. That was me, 10 months ago, only with a lot more to lose to begin with. I had to force myself to log on (still do sometimes) when motivation wouldn't kick in. My body didn't know the difference whether I felt motivated or not. But I can tell you those first few pounds can be so motivating, when you feel like you took a pack off your shoulders or something. Good luck! You'll get lots of support in these pages.
  • Christie1Pearl
    Options
    Congrats! Your are off to a great start! Feel free to add me. Happy to support! Wishing you great success on your weight loss and fitness journey!
  • EAPTX
    EAPTX Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Oh, and don't forget to check out the "success" posts - VERY motivating and encouraging!
  • FatAngie70
    Options
    I am starting today, also. 9/10... sounds like a good day to me. :D You can add me as a friend if you'd like. I'll support you in whatever way I can.
  • svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I will add you as a friend. I am turning 28 next month and since meeting my husband 11 years ago I had put on 102 lbs. I have been working hard since May 31 and I am down 34lbs and sitting at 228lbs. My goal is 150. I can use some support too. My family is supportive to an extent. They were more supportive in the beginning but now that we are coming up on 100 days of this they are not as interested anymore.