Replies

• jennifox63
    jennifox63 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shell30Harrison
    Shell30Harrison Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm using a charm bracelet - down 10 lbs means adding another charm (lots to be had for under $20). I use a pic of the next charm I am working towards as the lock screen on my cell phone, so every time I use it I see what I am working towards. Also, since the charm bracelet is on my right hand, whenever I reach for something to eat/drink I have a visual reminder of the weight loss goals I have accomplished so far. This has been a great incentive to make better choices.
    Wow, 'Deja_Thoris' that is a totally awesome idea! Love love love this :love: I hope it serves you well over the coming months!
    Shell
    x
  • danamarich
    danamarich Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Every 10 pounds I lose I'm buying myself a new dress, every 20 pounds I'm getting new shoes. (I have 45 lbs to go so I should get 2 new pairs of shoes and 4 dresses)

Clothes/retail therapy is my fave! I'm also fortunate to have a wonderful mother-in-law who is an extremely talented seamstress so as I shrink and dresses are too big, she will take them in for me :)
  • RaineBacon
    Options
    We try to get fitness related rewards. My first milestone reward (5% of my body weight) was a free puppy (see profile pic). He is going to help me get fit by taking me for walks :) . My second milestone reward (10% of my body weight), was an exercise video. I got 30 day shred :) If I had a smart phone, I would probably get some of the fitness apps that are available. Activity monitors, hrm, and things like that are on the list of potential rewards. I take the money that we used to spend on soda and junk and put it aside to fund the rewards. :) At weight watchers, you get a key chain at 10% and then you add charms to them at different milestones, 25lbs lost, 16 weeks of attendance, etc. So you have a motivator every time you grab your keys :)
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have gotten: an African violet, new purse, girl's night out to the movies and plan on getting a tattoo at 50lbs and 100lbs!

My mom has my Great Grandma African Violet that is so old I could not even tell you. But my Grandma has been gone for 27 years and mom had it before that. I don't know how long Grandma had it.

It still blooms beautiful purple flowers.
  • Godblessedmom
    Godblessedmom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea!!
  • Godblessedmom
    Options
    My mom has my Great Grandma African Violet that is so old I could not even tell you. But my Grandma has been gone for 27 years and mom had it before that. I don't know how long Grandma had it.

It still blooms beautiful purple flowers.

(Don't know how to quote yet.) It reminded me of my Grandma that passed. That is other reason I bought it!!
  • Godblessedmom
    Options
    I'm using a charm bracelet - down 10 lbs means adding another charm (lots to be had for under $20). I use a pic of the next charm I am working towards as the lock screen on my cell phone, so every time I use it I see what I am working towards. Also, since the charm bracelet is on my right hand, whenever I reach for something to eat/drink I have a visual reminder of the weight loss goals I have accomplished so far. This has been a great incentive to make better choices.

Awesome idea!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    at small milestones, I've been rewarding myself with new art supplies (substitute something relevant to your hobbies, obviously, ahah!)

at a major milestone (losing 1/3 of my body weight), I bought myself an ipad.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

Awesome idea!!
    I've done that too but instead of weight loss, I've put pound in a jar everyday I work out and then buy the charm (Thomas Sabo) when I have enough money
  • BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have beauty product overload, I'd resubscribe to one or more beauty subscription. Birchbox and ipsy are $10/month and usually send 4-5 higher end beauty products (mostly deluxe sample size, but often a full size).

PopSugar is about $35/month but they send a lot of stuff, from beauty products, to food, to lifestyle products and jewelry.

There are about a billion services out there. Including fitness ones, I think one is crave box.

Concious box and eco-emi are natural type boxes, and iirc, they're around $15/month. Conscious box is heavy on food.

If you're interested in something like that (monthly motivation and rewards) Google subscription boxed. There's a site that lists all ofthem, can't remember the name, but makeup talk also has lists of them.

Avoid posh pod, red carpet box, and gogo girlfriend, as they're scams.
  • nicoleashley_24
    nicoleashley_24 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Perhaps some salon/spa treatments. A plain manicure ought to be around 20 depending on where you live. Or you could buy a new piece of workout clothing. I do rewards too and my next one is a new pair of workout shoes but that's a bit more than 20...
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a new purse at 10 lb lost, and I'll be doing a pedicure once I hit halfway on my weight loss (1.1 lb to go!!!!) Roughly every 5 lb after that I'm buying myself a Tall Pumpkin Spice Latte/new book until I hit goal, then I have no idea. I never do big rewards anyway... Mine are all <$20 (even the pedicure, Groupon is good for that).
  • butterpecan_ts
    butterpecan_ts Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think this is a cool idea. I think I will try something similar.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    This time around I am putting $1 in the jar every day that I workout at least 30 minutes. The jar is not filling up as fast, but it seems to be a better incentive to get up off my butt (my biggest challenge - not food - but activity). I don't know exactly what I will buy, but it will be something I wouldn't get myself without some sort of sacrafice.

I love this for incentive to workout. I think I am going to steal your idea. Thanks
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Clothes! When I reached my goal I found the dress I had been looking at all summer on the clearance rack for $14.99! It was a sign from the universe to me when the only ones left were in a small size I never would have tried on before- and it fit perfect!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I like to reward myself with something fitness related. Workout clothing, weights, new program....or a massage..... I find that it helps keep me going to reward myself once in a while.
  • SerenitiC
    SerenitiC Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I never thought about this honestly. Maybe every 5-10 Ibs a new book or piece of makeup? Not too sure yet.

To those who mentioned the monney for every time you work out or lose a certain amount of weight. I LOVE that idea, I'm gonna bring it up to my friend who teamed up with me and see if she'd like to do this too.