"Sorry, not accepting any more friend requests"

Options
12346»

Replies

• ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Actually It depends on how much weight you have to lose as to how much is a healthy amount to lose in a month. If you only have like 20 to 50 to lose then , yeah, 1-2 lbs a week would be great but if you have 100-150+ to lose then losing 10 + lbs a month is nothing. The closer you get to your goal though it should slow down. I lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks but I also have 150 lbs to lose. I am following the allowances that MFP set up for me and keeping my calorie intake around 1500 calories. Everyone is different though and loses weight at different paces.

To be blunt this isn't about you or your goals. You have 139 pounds yet to go, the OP has 30. No one is going to come after you and say "You can't lose 10 pounds a month', I assure you.

To be blunt, you're an *kitten*.

You're so eager to bust someone's chops, that you failed to see her message. She is using herself as an example to prove a point, which obviously flew right over your head.

No one is going to come after you and say "Hey, you're a really nice person", I assure you.

HA! I like you. I was about to say there are a whole lot of rude high-and-mighty's around here. And I'm not talking about the ones who nicely say they don't think that's a realistic goal...there are plenty who didn't say it nicely and I hope people are not this rude in real life. I love how everyone thinks they can whatever they want from behind a computer screen.

Good luck, OP!

Thank you!

I've never been really huge, so I haven't had to deal with the discrimination from being overweight. I've never been ridiculed because of it. Nobody has ever called me fat.

So, I'm not really a pro at losing weight. Admittedly, 2.5 lbs. a week may not work.

But what really blows my mind is how seemingly retaliatory some folks are, who have been really overweight and have been treated like trash. It's like coming here to kick some *kitten* is their way of getting even.

What a horrible place to serve up some justice, or unload some years of pent up resentments.

Like the person who prefaced their comment with, "I'll be blunt" and then ended it with a slight about the other poster's weight.

On one thread, folks are talking about how horribly they've been treated, and all the rotten things people have said to them about their weight. And on all the other threads, are people who have been really overweight, just waiting to kick anybody who dares to open their mouth.

whatever. Sorry if I alerted all the weight loss professional gawkers. No, I have no plans to become anorexic. I'm a mom and a wife. I'm not about to do anything stupid.

FFS.

It was not a slight about the person's weight.

The person that posted the original comment has more to lose and therefore, can lose more in a month, so their situations are not the same as yours, OP. There is a difference between how much someone who wants to lose 150 lbs can safely lose in a month's time vs how much someone who wants to lose 30 lbs can safely lose in a month's time.
  • HefferSprint
    HefferSprint Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Even though I won't be sending a FR, I did come back to leave this for you, I think you'll enjoy it. I didn't know much about how to lose weight when I got here, but this post is *full* of accurate info.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=sexypants

So you won't be my friend, but you came back to give me a link to read? That is TOTALLY motivating! Thank you!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    re word the statement in bold... you PERCEIVED it to be a slight about the other person's weight.
    It was not written with that intention. You PERCEIVED it that way. More than one other person read it as the opposite.

untwist that there thong, deary.

Glad to hear you aren't going to do anything stupid.

Doesn't that just mean that technically it could have been a slight or it could have been (somehow) meant to be positive?

Is the forum this pointless on BB.com?

It wasn't a slight but it also wasn't meant to be positive. I don't seek to be 'positive' at all times. I try to be honest at all times thought and, HONESTLY, a woman with 130+ pounds to lose can lose more than a woman with 30 pounds. No one is going to tell the first woman she can't lose ten pounds a month because, honestly, she can.
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Boy did something hit a collective nerve?
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    And, if you, or anyone else for that matter, can learn from others mistakes, I have found from calorie deprivation that what happens is "NEW" fat cells are created in the definite eventuality of not being able to sustain calorie deprivation over time. What that does is causes your metabolism to be damaged and....well, guess what....You end up like me who has always in a snap been able to lose weight very quickly....till now.
    Congratulations on your success. But there are huge differences between people and your experience may not be the same as others.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    On another note, it DOES suck when cool peeps "aren't accepting new friends". :grumble:

OP, follow all the awesome advice and good luck.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Because no wife/mother's have had an eating disorder ever. Makes sense.

I have seen nobody treat anybody poorly in this thread except you, and possibly the hangry person who was being blunt (and that was questionable). You were the one who started the personal attacks against the person who you called an *kitten*, and said nobody would ever mistake for nice.

agree that the OP has been by far the most overtly insulting.

but i'm sticking to my guns that constructive criticism could be handed out a little more constructively on this forum.
  • Bluepopsicle_25
    Bluepopsicle_25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i've never refused an FR, but unfortunately the ones you really want to talk to can end up getting a little lost in the shuffel
  • HefferSprint
    Options
    Boy did something hit a collective nerve?

Uh yeah, apparently I did. But I picked up 75 new super cool friends today, who I am so excited to be inspired by, and who I hope to help cheer on too.

That's really what this post was about.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Seems like your goals have scared some off.
  • HefferSprint
    Options
    Because no wife/mother's have had an eating disorder ever. Makes sense.

I have seen nobody treat anybody poorly in this thread except you, and possibly the hangry person who was being blunt (and that was questionable). You were the one who started the personal attacks against the person who you called an *kitten*, and said nobody would ever mistake for nice.

agree that the OP has been by far the most overtly insulting.

but i'm sticking to my guns that constructive criticism could be handed out a little more constructively on this forum.

I love that you used the word "overtly".
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this items:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking Topics

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.