Fellow ladies: Lets talk weight loss and boobs

Options

Replies

• laurjcav
    Options
    I've lost about 40 pounds, and have gone from a 38D to a 34D. Looking at my mother and grandmothers, they were all around my height with bigger breasts, so I think that has something to play into as well. I tried the whole "sister size" thing, but the C cup just didn't feel right to me.
  • SlimDownWithChristina
    Options
    I am 207lbs and looking forward to losing my DDD chest. I would consider getting breast implants (a modest C at most) when I am finished if I need to. I actually get jealous of girls with smaller chests. Most people are just not happy with what they have, and Im one of them.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Started out as a DDD nd now I am a B. I can still get away with a C bra but I miss having bigger boobs. Plus I have extra skin in that area
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    My boobs are the first thing to shrink when I lose weight. I'm sure that will make my boyfriend unhappy when he reads this. I don't know if he knew this about me. lol.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 40 pounds, and have gone from a 38D to a 34D. Looking at my mother and grandmothers, they were all around my height with bigger breasts, so I think that has something to play into as well. I tried the whole "sister size" thing, but the C cup just didn't feel right to me.

Yeah, genetics play a part as well. Even when I am super thin, I am still a DD cup. The same goes for all of the women on my mother's side of the family.
  • alanna81
    Options
    I was 248 lbs, in a 44 B (which I got from Layne Bryant, because no one else makes that cup size)
    I've lost 55 lbs and am down to a 38 C (kind of). I have 2 38C's, then I went to buy a couple more... the cups are too small.
    I'm stuck with the two I have for now. I'm hoping my breast size goes down a bit so I can wear them. They're really cute.
    Point is... no change
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I fully expected to lose my boobs as I lost weight this time around like I have in the past but I really havent.. which I am grateful for lol. As a teen I was a full 36C and then when I had kids and was overweight I went up to a 38/40D.

This time around I started out as a 40D and am now wearing a 36DD in Victoria Secret sizes. I like their bras the best. I have measured around my ribcage and I actually measured at 33 inches. So my band size has gone down considerably.
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft8 and I have lost 45lbs. I started at a 36G and am now a 34G/ 34GG

Would love to lose some up top because I sometimes get back ache when I stand too long and also I have to wear clothes either too tight up top or a size bigger and look big around the middle :S
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3'' I was a B and then 20 pounds down I'm a AA....and I'm still not done with losing weight. I said goodbye to my girls a long time ago. The upside is I can walk around without a bra on. soo yayy:ohwell:
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Ladies I need to hear from you!

I am 210 lbs 5'6
    I have been trying to get motivation to continue on my weight loss journey but my boobs are holding me back.
    I am a B cup and fear of losing what little I have.

I want to hear what your experiences have been during weight loss.

Thanks!

Well everyone is different. Some of us loose our boob size and some don't.

For me, I've never had big boobs and as I continue to lose weight they are getting smaller.

It is a little frustrating because I'm not trying to lose weight in that area, but yet it's happening.:laugh:

Nothing I can do about it unfortunately.

But they've always been small so I'm cool.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    This is purely genetic. Breast tissue isn't your regular adipose. Some people carry fat stores to be burned in their breasts, and when that fat is metabolized into energy, it's understandably gone. But not every woman stores fat in the breasts. I don't. My breast size doesn't fluctuate. I'm betting at 5'6" and 210 with a B cup, you're not storing any significant fat there, either. Breast tissue will remain, and the only way to know how much that is, is to lose the weight.
  • jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've lost very nearly 40 pounds and my breasts have not shrunk one bit (still a cumbersome DD). I would LOVE to have Bs. I'm thinking if when I reach my goal (40 pounds away) and I still have these mamajamas I'm going to get a reduction.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Still a DD--the girls have shrunk, but so has the band size, so the cup size stayed up (34DD now, not sure what I was at my heaviest because I was in denial and just squeezing myself into old stretched-out 34DD bras).

I actually went in and had myself sized at Nordstrom over the summer because I was so sick of hearing the hubs complain about how small the girls had gotten--had to prove that I was still a DD. Actually, she claimed DDD, but I refuse to hear that. ;)
  • RunningForeverMama
    Options
    cup_zps22fe2dd9.png

38D (at 168) to 34C (at 143) which is getting too big, I'm sure I'll end up a 34 or 32B. Such is life. I'd rather have a flat stomach. :happy:
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Yes, I went from a 38DD to a 34D....probably soon to be a full C. I plan on getting new ones.
  • msneave
    Options
    I was an A cup for a long time then when I had my soon bam C pushing D cup but that ended as soon as the nursing stopped and started losing weight (I lose 30 pounds all together) and my cup ended up an A-B depending on bra.

Then in my 40s I got seriously injured and had to change my exercise and eating habits. I started doing more butt training and started eating mostly organic non processed foods, fewer meals per day, slightly smaller portions plus my ratios of carbs to protein to fat changed a lot. My macros are something like 50% carb 30% fat 20% protein.

And I lost 10 more pounds, my waist shrunk nearly 5 inches and my band size went down but my boobs are a full B cup. So now when I wear certain clothes I actually look bigger up top than I used to. Not sure if this is an illusion created by having a smaller waist and slightly curvier booty but I know for certain that eating healthy superfoods has made a huge difference in my body shape/type. I don't look as bulky as I used to and I like having a smaller more feminine looking body.

If you want to lose more just do it very gradually and always in a way that is going to keep your hormones from going whacko. Most of the foods in supermarkets are so bad for you and create so much hormonal imbalances that affect both your shape and your boob size. Plus hormonal shifts in your 30s and 40s don't help either. Also no carb, paleo diets, and super low calorie diets actually age the body and cause major boob shrinkage which is why so many lean women these days are resorting to plastic surgery.

Maintaining your current cup size can be done! You just have to be smart about what you eat and how you exercise. I have tons of info about this on one of my sites. Not the one linked in my profile tho so send me a message if you want more specific info.
  • margelizard
    margelizard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I was a 40D before I started and 42 lbs later, I'm still the same. As someone else said, I could probably use a smaller band size but the cups are awesome! Though I thought they were pretty big before, they look absolutely massive when I take into account my smaller waist.
  • april27kelli
    april27kelli Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    A year ago, I was a 38DD... almost 100 lbs later, I'm a 36D. I wish I could lose more in this area.
  • emmawoolf84
    emmawoolf84 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I was about 30 lbs more then I am now - I was a small C cup then, & still am :)
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I went from a 40D to a 34C and it changed my life! Losing my boobs was one of the best parts of my weight loss. I am able to run, do jumping jacks and even wear better clothing.

I don't know why anyone would want big boobs.