New to MFP and also exercise in general. Friends anyone :)

Options
Hello, my name is Terra and i am 23 years old. I have 2 wonderful babies and an amazing husband. just looking for some friends that I can maybe get some pointers and what not from. I have never in my life exercised. I didn't even participate in gym. growing up I had sever asthma and would find myself in and out of hospitals. than I grew out of it. and started smoking at 15.... I QUIT 3 months ago. Again... only other time was while pregnant for my children. so here is , I am 154 pounds. I've been at this for 11 days ago I was 150. I eat well always have., turns out I wasn't eating enough. so I started exercising, cardio. strength and what not. im not sure how this who thing works. but if you are interested add me as a friend. im kind socially awkward, sorry about that. lmao.

Replies

• AshTenn87
    Options
    Hi! I think everyone is a little socially awkward!! Feel free to add me, I just started a few days ago on the site, but not new to exercise.
  • tarsha426
    tarsha426 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Terra I am Tarsha, I am new to the MFP but not to exercise. My personal choice of exercise is kickboxing b/c it works every muscle in your body and I don't like to do a lot of jumping up and down exercises b/c of my migraines/ HBP so I found something that works for me. A little about myself: i have a wonderful husband and a son and two step children. I work in the medical field. Like spending time with my family. You can add me as a friend.
  • TLei6h
    Options
    awesome that's I will for sure :)
  • TLei6h
    Options
    Anyone else want to adopt this socially awkward girl as a friend :)
  • ummmmm84
    ummmmm84 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Claire started on with mfp last Thursday. I have already lost 2 and half stone but felt I need a bit of a push/ help. A work colleague suggested the site.

Feel free to add me. I'm still trying to get to grips with the site. I'm still trying to love fitness. I now class myself as a runner and love the runners high
  • TLei6h
    Options
    awesome. im not sure what a runners high is. I was never able to run in my life. but I hope one day to feel it.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Hey honey. I've got 22 years on you, but it's all good.
    Congrats on quitting smoking! What an awesome accomplishment! I quit in January of last year after smoking for 32 years. I battled asthmatic bronchitis for YEARS! My last bout with it was October/November 2011.
    I've been on MFP since January and am a frequent poster. I don't do all the comments on losses and days in, but if you take the time to post something with thought, I will take the time to respond (if I see it...).
  • plaidlemon
    Options
    Hello! I just turned 30 and I'm trying to drop some weight before I send my wedding dress in to be altered. I've used MFP before with a lot of success, but I've been slipping and decided to come back. My children are furry and have 4 legs each. My exercise of choice is Kinect dancing games, because I hate having people watch me exercise. Anyone else have a hard time meeting the calorie goals per day?
  • MrOutfit
    Options
    Feel Free to add me :)
  • TLei6h
    Options
    Great! the more friends the better I feel regardless of age :)
  • sedentarygeek
    sedentarygeek Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm always looking for new friends :)
  • Jperez08
    Jperez08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    My name I Jennifer :) I am also 23yrs old married and have a two yr old son. Working out is a passion of mine.. I feel so alive when I'm working out and it makes me feel good about myself (which is a plus) I like trying to inspire people to get the same feeling! I am currently in the middle of the Insanity workout but when I am not doing that I like trying different work outs online as well as run and weight train! Feel free to add me if you like I would love to support one another!
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    Options
    Hi. I joined MFP today also (9/11) today is the day I start my eating/exercise plan. I would live to be your MFP friend. I am 47 years old, 5' 2" and want to lose close to 50 lbs. I lave lost the same 50 lbs four times. Once it is off I obviously start eating badly again and stop exercising. I have the mental mentality to lose it when I really want to but not to maintain it.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP!!!! I've been on here for a little over a year, and I still feel like I am still learning all the great benefits of this site. Feel free to add me :-)
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Happy to help motivate anyway I can. This site has helped me a lot.