Not sure if this is right for me...but it's worth a try?

Options
Hey everyone,

my name's Ella, im 25 and I'm from Germany. I don't really know what to say so I'll try to keep it short:
I've never really been fat but since my teenage years I've been strugglling with my weight - always having 4-8kg more than I should. It wouldn't be that bad I guess if I wouldn't have arthritis in my right knee. I quit playing volleyball and didn't do anything since until this year. I started dancing after 10 years and I love it.
I also went to a dietitian and got a plan of what to eat and how. I've been through too many diets and I kept losing and gaining weight - I was sick of it. Since April I've been keeping my plan (in which I am basically allowed to eat almost everything - with limits).
Since April I've lost about 4kg of body fat and gained almost 2kg of muscle mass.
The "bad" thing with changing your whole nutrition is that it takes a long time until you see results. So now I've gotten impatient. A friend recommended me this site and so far I like it a lot. It's good to SEE and keep track of what and how you eat.

I hope to maybe give others motivation to push past their limits and read others' posts to keep me motivated. :-)
If anybody likes to exchange recipes or experience or anything I'm glad to meet you!

Take care and cheers (=^-^=)

Replies

• Grenon
    Grenon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hey Ella!

It is always worth trying new methods if you struggle with others, I found joining MFP and tracking my food intake it helped a lot. It gives you the chance to see what foods fit into your diet even before you eat it and what sort of nutrition. Great progress you have made from April, keep it up! You can finish the rest of your goal, just don't stray too much and don't get frustrated!