OCTOBER CHALLENGE - CRUNCHES & SQUATS

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
so i had a reply to my other thread about joining me in an October challenge, so I'm starting a thread with the "correct" title...

I was thinking for October of doing crunches and squats - Anyone want to join me???

There are 31 days in October and if we did 65 crunches and 65 squats a day we could "easily" hit 2000 before the end of the month. Of course you can do whatever amount each day that you want but you get the basic idea....

Anyone up for the challenge???

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I'll do it with ya, lady! xoxo
  • MardellD
    Options
    I am in for sure! :)
  • arp1217
    arp1217 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge! Sounds awesome!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I will def do the crunches, but the squats may be hit and miss. I've torn something in my knee. Trying to get it healed up!!!
  • ysaidpie
    Options
    I am in :) This will be my first challenge on MFP. Do we need to check in at all? I have been doing crunches sporadically, this will give me a reason to do them daily!
  • cakefarm
    Options
    I am in too!
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    i would LOVE to join. i need to get more exercise in!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i think checking only just to touch base and keep yourself and others motivated but not as a competition....this challenge for me is for personal gain not to beat anyone else by the end of the month....

thank you all for joining me, i'm very much looking forward to sticking to this plan for the entire month of october....going pee right now and when i get back to my office, i'm gonna drop some squats...today is the 1st of october, no time like the present to get this party started baby......
  • kpopa
    Options
    Bluiz - I hope you don't mind but I "borrowed" your signature!

Oct 2000 Crunch Challenge - 0/2000 crunches (0% complete)
    Oct 2000 Squats Challenge - 0/2000 squats (0% complete)

Thanks!
  • bluiz13
    Options

Thanks!

i borrowed it from someone else....LOL...so borrow away ;)
  • bluiz13
    Options
    these are only for informational purposes....in case you dont know how to do a squat or a crunch "properly"...i do not want anyone hurting themselves AND i want us to get ALL the benefits of the exercises we are doing since we are going to be doing them for 31 days....

how to do a squat properly - squatshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRnGI3c5Jjs
    how to do a crunch properly - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yOFvV-NSeY

again this is not to say you dont know how to do these exercises or that you have to do them this way, i just wanted to offer this info to everyone....

ps - the crunches can be any kinds....oblique, reverse, V crunches...i really dont care - just do 2000 of them the right way so you dont hurt yourself in the process......same with the squats, you can do wide leg or narrow leg or any other kind of squat you know of.....

good luck and i'm excited....
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Yay the October challenge is on! Where's a happy dance smilie when you need one.
  • betterchoices
    Options
    Sounds like a great challenge.... please count me in!
  • betterchoices
    Options

Thanks!

LOL, I borrowed your borrowed!
  • inguvap
    inguvap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am joining in for the squat challenge. My only question is I do a lot of deadlifts (2 times a week about 30 per session). Can I count them too?
    Padma.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Sweet! I'm in!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    10/1 = 200 various types of crunches last night in circuits!!!!!! yay me!!!!

really wish I could get on the squat bandwagon, but right now I can't for my knee is still in recovery mode. Hopefully it'll only be a couple more days before I feel comfortable enough to push it!!

This is an excellent challenge!!!
  • betterchoices
    Options
    Ok I did my 1st 80 each of varied squats/ lunges and crunches. I hope it gets easier as the month progresses!!

inguvap I don't see why not. I think it's all about doing what works for you. I was thinking of adding push ups to the mix myself.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Did my 65 squats, still have 30 more crunches left to do for the day!
  • kpopa
    Options
    I'm not doing well!!! I'm finding it hard to fit these in throughout the day!!! HELP!!! any suggestions?