Zucchini pizza boat

Options
2»

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    We've made this several times and it's so good! Even my kids all love it. In the interest of full disclosure though, my husband won't even try it. He's not a fan of zucchini and a fairly picky eater. He's coming along but I doubt this will ever win him over. ;)
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I've made these before (minus the meat). I love regular pizza, but pizza-fied veggies are also pretty delicious!
  • gracejr
    gracejr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yum! Wonder how it would taste without the cheese, and extra meat instead? (Baby is allergic to dairy and still breastfeeds, so no dairy for me.)

Do I dare ask about the pizza cone?
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • cherrikim
    cherrikim Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Yum! Wonder how it would taste without the cheese, and extra meat instead? (Baby is allergic to dairy and still breastfeeds, so no dairy for me.)

Do I dare ask about the pizza cone?

im sure it would taste fine without cheese!
  • CrazyVulcanLover
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Anyone eat this yet? I want details, miss having pizza and this looks good. Still not sure on the zucchini though, never had it before.
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Anyone eat this yet? I want details, miss having pizza and this looks good. Still not sure on the zucchini though, never had it before.

I've eaten it....lol. Hence why I posted it. It's good
  • jasminemq
    Options
    These are my absolute favorite when I'm craving pizza :) pizza is my weakness
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yum
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i made zucchini pizza boats for dinner last night!

they're delish. i like turkey sausage, pepperoni, onions and cheese.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i make this all the time with meatless grounds instead, and add in chopped onion and mushroom to the zucchini guts. so tasty! can also make this a mexican version with chicken/black beans, enchilada sauce and cheddar jack cheese
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I made this for lunch today. They are really good, but there was a lot of water that came out when I tried to eat them. I'm not sure what I did wrong, maybe I didn't cook the zucchini guts long enough?

Also how long do you guys typically let them cool before trying to eat them? It seemed like they were still super hot even after 10 mins.
  • Bump
  • beyondmywildestdreams
    Options
    Thanks!
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Yum!