Every Band Has at least One Redeemable Song

Options

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    My friend was dating this girl who pretty much irritated all of us, but she was fairly nice, so we put up with her. One day we were talking about the Beatles, and she said "Ugh, I hate the Beatles, They suck." There were many reactions---gasps, looks of horror, I believe someone almost spit their drink out, lol. It probably sounds shallow that this was the straw that broke the camel's back in his decision to break up with her, but come on, how weird is it that someone, especially someone in their 40's, hates the Beatles?
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Music is awesome and generally pleasing to the ears. Rock, Metal, Pop, Rap, Symphonic, Movie Soundtracks, Instrumental, Dub Step. I love it all.

With the weird exception of the beattles. I struggle to understand what all the fuss is about.

You might have to listen to music before they existed, and then afterwards, to see what all the fuss is about. It's very ignorant when people say what you said. I'm not saying you are stupid. I'm saying it's an extremely ignorant comment. they changed music in every way you can think of, from the way rock n roll drummers drum, to the way people sing, to the way guitars were played in rock. they changed everything.

I have to agree with this. After my music history class last year it gave me an even greater appreciation for the impact that the Beatles had on music.

I had a friend recently who had a beatles music history class. my first thought was WEIRD.. college credit for listening to the beatles...

as for Jimmy Buffet- we;ll have to agree to disagree.. for me I'd rather be pool-side with a local reggae band playing than in a concert venue listening to rum-soaked musings with drunken suburbanites
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    i LOVE Shinedown!! "Better Version", "45", their remake of "Simple Man", all wonderful songs!
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    the world disagrees but Jimmy Buffet makes my skin crawl with his faux-caribbean schtick.

I agree!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    So, the challenge is, think about a band that maybe doesn't have any redeemable music who is popular or well-known. I can't think of any really, other then what I said above.

Nickleback. I rest my case.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Lets be honest, Hanson has no redeemable songs. They were and still are a terrible band. Ugh, just saying it makes me cringe.

Mmm bop is the best song that ever existed, you blasphemer!
  • jandub
    jandub Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes people jump on the bandwagon of "that band is not good" and then automatically hate every song they come out with just because they think they should. I know far too many closet Nickelback lovers. Come on, it's ok to like the uncool bands! (I love me some Foghat.)
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes people jump on the bandwagon of "that band is not good" and then automatically hate every song they come out with just because they think they should. I know far too many closet Nickelback lovers. Come on, it's ok to like the uncool bands! (I love me some Foghat.)
    Agreed.

Wait! Foghat isn't cool?
  • SavageRabidBeast_version2
    Options
    coldplay. every song is just a wash of blandness, like they just took an average of the world's existing melodies and harmonies.

and nickelback.

i like "Fix You" by coldplay

and "Burn it to the ground" by nickelback :) - It's awesome to run to.

*ducks for cover*

*clears throat* Ahem! Ms Mirey, remember that Henry Rollins act about the woman who listened to Nickelcrap??? ;);)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I hate the Biebs, but he has a song he did with Usher. I think it's called Somebody To Love and every time I hear it I wanna dance. I feel like a douche afterwards.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    i LOVE Shinedown!! "Better Version", "45", their remake of "Simple Man", all wonderful songs!

Simple Man is good by virtue of the fact that it's someone else's awesome song. Original is still better.
  • CoolHandSmouche
    Options
    One Direction. The only direction I can think of is away from that shizz.

Amen to that!
  • Katrina_vw91
    Katrina_vw91 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ain't no rest for the wicked - Cage the Elephant

I don't like their other songs :S ....but this one is definitely rocking!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I hate ICP
    Twiztid-Insane-Clown-Posse.jpg

Their one redeeming song is their rage anthem (F* The World. Please don't strike me, mods)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    coldplay. every song is just a wash of blandness, like they just took an average of the world's existing melodies and harmonies.

and nickelback.

*ducks for cover*

*clears throat* Ahem! Ms Mirey, remember that Henry Rollins act about the woman who listened to Nickelcrap??? ;);)

Ahem. Mr beast... Remember telling me you'd never throw me from the car EVEN if I liked Nickleback ? ;)
  • SavageRabidBeast_version2
    Options

and nickelback.

*ducks for cover*

Ahem. Mr beast... Remember telling me you'd never throw me from the car EVEN if I liked Nickleback ? ;)

Ahem, Ms Mirey, I don't recall saying that. I must have been drunk :p
  • NyxNine
    NyxNine Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Coldplay is beautiful. Yes, I am one of "those" people and I don't care haha

Nickelback, though, really? Come on. Or like, Creed? Or Rebecca Black?

Are you suggesting Creed is on the same level as Rebecca Black?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

and nickelback.

*ducks for cover*

Ahem, Ms Mirey, I don't recall saying that. I must have been drunk :p

You know I will test that theory... I may start singing "something in your mouth" the next time we're going for a drive... And then we'll see if you throw me out...