Hi, Do you have the same problem?

Recently, I tried this MFP and lost 5 lbs in the first week. However, my weight remains the same ever since. I strictly followed my recommend calorie intake amount and exercised. I currently weigh 135 lbs at 5'5. I couldn't figure out why. Any suggestions?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    How many calories are you eating a day, what is your exercise, how long has your weight stayed the same, etc?

Open your food diary.
  • I eat around 900 calories a day and walk for 1 hour at 3.5 mph and bike for 1 hour under 10 mph. I weighed 140 lbs before I started this program 3 weeks ago. I lost 5 lbs in my first week. But my weight remains the same for the 2nd and 3rd week.
  • If its only over a 3 week period then don't sweat it. Stick to eating right and exercising. Your body needs time to adjust. Its not a fast process which i know can be discouraging but stay positive and keep working hard, that is what will help you reach your goal...

Remember losing weight is 90 percent what you eat and 10 percent exercising... Its all about maintaining a healthy calorie deficit.

Stay positive and continue to work hard! It will pay off....
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    I hope others chime in but that's too few calories with all that exercising!
  • you're in starvation mode...up your calories
  • I also agree, eat more calories to avoid starvation mode...

Make sure you eat your calories back from exercise...
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Obvious troll is obvious.
  • lynda3y9
    lynda3y9 Posts: 62 Member
    I hope others chime in but that's too few calories with all that exercising!

THIS!!!!!

WAYYY to few... and then you are burning more on top of that. Eat more. minimum 1200
  • Thank you, everyone. I've never realized that maybe my body IS in starvation mode. No wonder I often feel dizzy when I suddenly stand up. I will try a little more calories.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    You are dizzy when you stand up and a thousand alarm bells aren't going off in your head?
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    I (sometimes) feel dizzy when I get up too. I am eating 2500+ calories every day. I exercise regularly. I am at bodyfat lower than 15%.

Now the dizziness when getting up may be caused by eating too little, or it may not be.

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/tipsandtricks/a/dizzy.htm
  • sweetfluffy
    sweetfluffy Posts: 24 Member
    me too i was stuck for two months with same body weight but then I rise up my calories to reach TDEE-20% and it really help me to lose my wieght and i dont feel dizzy alot like before =D