What is your motivation?

Options

Replies

• GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight, I just wanted to be skinnier. And although I still want to look good and feel confident, I am more concerned with being healthy overall!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    The reason was simple: I was really unhappy. So one day, I decided to take control of that and make myself happy. Haven't looked back since.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    being fat sucks

^^
    This.
    Plus I don't want to die early.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    so my outside can match my inside.
  • catita1025
    catita1025 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Twenty-two years ago I was injured in two successive car accidents (neither my fault!). Just prior to that I was in the best shape of my life. I still struggle with some of the effects of those injuries. It can make exercise challenging...lots of starts and stops because of physical pain. In addition there are certain diseases that run in my family. All this coupled with stress from a demanding job and the effects aging...well..let's just say the odds were stacking up against me that I would develop all these diseases...and blood work started to bear this out. I told my husband I wanted to be healthier for him and my daughter. I wanted to do my best to prevent or lessen the effects of these diseases.

Long story very short, I have lots of motivation...I am reminded every day of how far I've come. I work with a trainer who has kept me on track; he's helped me find alternative exercises when I'm not feeling so great. I am not pain free but it's becoming much more manageable. I also started keeping a small journal with me to jot down whatever's on my mind for this journey...it can be as simple as "I walked 4 flights of stairs today! This is the first time I've done this (ever) in the twelve years I've worked at this location!" Simple reminders of accomplishments can now help to motivate me, too!
  • Darrelkun
    Darrelkun Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Honestly I've been working at losing weight for a little over a month now and happened to stumble across this website when looking for a recipe. Elated that this website existed (because I've wanted to make a website that offers pretty much everything MFP offers) I joined! :)
    To look good naked.

Pretty much this is my main reason for losing weight.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I wanna be hot(ter)!!!
  • ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Curiosity. Never been beyond my comfy weight
  • chanda77
    Options
    My doctor's kick in the pants initally. :smile: But mostly being a healthy example for my family, and my desire to look my best! :smile:
  • chickennugger13
    chickennugger13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    To look good in strapless dresses.
  • peggymdellinger
    peggymdellinger Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The mirror, the scale, the way my clothes fit, and pictures. Also, the people that notice an comment. Affirmation is good!
  • ihateyoga
    Options
    I want to be healthy and look fabulous in stylish clothes.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I started fencing a year ago, which was a dream come true. It has been amazing and I am doing well, but I know I will do better if I am fitter and carrying less of me around. I have asked my coach to hold me accountable with the exercise side of things to help me keep on track.
  • cles177
    cles177 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    To be happy with what I see in the mirror...really want a flatter stomach....overall I want to be HEALTHY and live a healthy lifestyle
  • hollyn0911
    hollyn0911 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My am my own motivation more or less. I want to be healthy and in shape again, I used to love going outside and just being active going to the lakes and swimming. For years now I have left myself down and just got lazy and day by it just gets worse. I look at my daughter and want to be able to do things with her not just watch from the side. She is also my motivation along with my mom. I also want to be happy when I see myself in a picture not deleting every picture that gets taken of me. I am 22 and feel as if I am trapped in the wrong body.
  • Feenin_2_B_Fit
    Options
    My Husband :love: (who lost 65lbs & is still losing) :heart:

Life (I want to live a long & healthier life) :smile:

I want to look better, feel better, just love the skin that I'm in :wink:

Negative comments :mad: (I will prove I CAN lose this weight ! )
  • weightlossdiva1219
    Options
    When I hit over 200 lbs it was sort of a wake up call for me. My knees were starting to hurt from the excess weight and I was so unhappy with the way I looked. My pants stopped fitting me, I felt awkward and fat, and I had no energy. I used MFP because I have an iPhone and the app is just phenomenal for adding calories throughout the day. I love the social aspect because it keeps me in line. I just want to feel better about my body, be healthier, have more energy, feel less pain physically, and so that when I have kids I can keep up with them. :)
  • CaitlinM77
    Options
    High blood pressure and being sick of airplane seats being uncomfortable and not being able to find clothes that aren't dowdy. Or leopard print.

Also my knees hurt.
  • shoequeennz
    Options
    So I can stand next to my 'hot' partner and feel that I look as good as he does!
  • Funmiloves
    Funmiloves Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I wanted to stop holding in my tummy, I wanted to fit superbly into my jeans, I wanted to stop loosening my belt when I sat down :-/ most of all I wanted just to be a yummy mummy, lol! But in all seriousness, me eating more healthily means I make better choices when shopping for the house, so everyone gets the benefit.
This discussion has been closed.