Fellow ladies: Lets talk weight loss and boobs

Options

Replies

• Erin_Noelle
    Options
    I'm 20 and started my journey at 292 pounds. I've lost 53 pounds so far and I weigh 239 pounds. I started at 42DD and now I'm 38DD. I was worried about my breast as well but they seem to be adjusting to my weight loss very well.
  • dmvarner
    dmvarner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread!! I am not losing lbs but inches so I have been surprised to see me losing mass from everywhere except bust! I thought I was doing something wrong until I read this???????? thanks for all the stories & explanations!
  • NicoleCooney92
    NicoleCooney92 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been up and down in my weight over the years. At my biggest I was a DD. At my smallest they were C. I anticipate becoming a C again and I can't wait, because DD hurts my back. My back pain was one of my reasons I decided to get back into shape.
  • Ramatang
    Ramatang Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 40kg and have gone from a DD to a loose D probably almost a C now.. It was the first area I lost the weight in.. But now its not coming off from there anymore.. Hopefully they will stay this size by the time I get to goal... Although they are now smaller they look and feel alot better then they were when it was just fat.
  • BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping mine will decrease. I'm 5'9.5" 185 34H right now. I went from 170 32G to 130 32G a few years ago, but I was barely eating and only hiking and walking. Now that I'm using weights, I really really hope to get smaller. I'd love to be a C/D or even DD, but I doubt it. I haven't been a D cup since 8th grade!

I've been planning on getting surgery when I turn 30 regardless. The only things that would prevent that are if I magically shrink enough on my own, or somehow change my mind and want kids (my sister's boobs probably doubled, maybe even tripled, in size when she was pregnant, I do not want to go through surgery only to have them go back to ridiculous).
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should worry about this. Is it really worth staying overweight for fear of your boobs getting smaller. Your whole body is going to get smaller. Your boobs may get smaller, and also stay a B cup in proportion to your body, you will have the same proportions (but be smaller and fitter). Having a slim and fit body will be worth it. You will love your body and it will become familiar to you again in a new way, maybe even a better way. You can always stop losing weight or even gain some back if you want at sometime in the future.
  • CaitlinM77
    Options
    Well, I've actually gone up a cupsize >:( I was a 38E and now I'm a 36F. I figure I've lost a bit of band size, but cup size is relative to band size--a 32C is a smaller cup than a 38C.

I'm looking forward to my boobs losing a bit and potentially being able to fit in pretty lingerie and not have to go for bras that are Industrial Strength With Cantilevering. I figure they have to go down eventually.
  • floridared
    floridared Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This is good to hear. My weight gain seems to be in my stomach and definently my boobs so I am hoping that the pounds will begin to leave these areas first.
  • floridared
    Options
    I am 5'4" wearing a 42 DDD. I am really looking forward to a decrease in band size and cup size.
  • floridared
    Options
    Amen I wish I could share mine. Can't wait for the fat to vacate :laugh:
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Meh, the melons are my only perk to being heavier. I feel like they are the FIRST thing to go every time I lose a little bit of weight. Even though my 38DD bras have been snug for quite a while (I probably should be in a 42E or so but i'm not investing in new bras now if they are going to shrink soon), I'm 5'8 and have a large frame, so proportionally they look small-to-medium on me as it is. My chest was the thing I was most self conscious about when I was smaller, even though I was a full C they looked like mosquito bites on my frame. I really don't want them to deflate too much, alas, it comes with the territory I suppose. Definitely not looking forward to the saggage :/
  • floridared
    Options
    Please help me. I am a 42DDD and can not find a support bra to support them. Please please tell me the brand you buy and where I can purchase them. I would prefer wearing these with my casual wear but need the lift.
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    So, here's my situation I had... I worked on weight loss about 5 yrs ago and dropped 25 lbs and went down from a 20 pants to 14, but had to stop working out due to having to get a second job and as a single mom, two jobs, a kid in two sports, it was just too hard to find the time for me in there. :/ Anyway, but during that weight loss, I didn't lose A SINGLE inch or cup size in my boobs (42DD), I lost in my waist, hips, butt, arms, back fat, but NOT my boobs.

Fast forward to now, been working on my health/weight since end of 12/2012, so 8 full months now. I've dropped 29 pounds, but THIS time I went from 42DD to 42D in most of the bras I've had to try on, and in the 42DD I still have from before, I went from using the farthest out clasp to the closest in clasps. I had just bought a ton of bras from a place that was going out of business right before christmas, some I haven't worn yet, and they were all pre-formed and there was a space between my "girls" and the edge of the formed cup, lol, enough that my shirts were falling into that space and it looked awkward lol.

So, I'm not sure what is different this time that made me lose weight in the boobs, just where my body decided to take the fat I guess? I am bigger now in my belly area and my arms and thighs from the last time I started a weight loss plan, but my boobs have been 42DD since my son was 3, he's 12 now...

So, moral of the story is, who knows what will happen. I'm just happy to have my belly getting smaller and fitting into XL instead of XXL or 2X or 3X. :)
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those who loses boobs first, and went from an overflowing 34D to a half-empty 34C, preparing to get myself a B soon enough. And it can be a bit discouraging, but I just tell myself three things:

1. They weren't "mine" to begin with, just part of my "fat suit". It's not like you're losing breast tissue, just fat!
    2. The rest of my body started shrinking as well so it will "balance itself out" soon enough. 32C isn't all that bad.
    3. If I'm really displeased with the looks and would rather be a bit chubbier with chest, I can always gain weight back. That's the easy part.
  • 13words
    13words Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was a D cup at 135kg
    I'm now a B cup, if that, at 88kg.
    Needless to say when I get to 59kg, I will definitely be getting breast implants along with my tummy tuck! Nothing big, just simple small Bs or Cs!!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm an oddity here. I tend to gain weight first on my rack and lose it last. I swear my constant yo-yo dieting in my teens and twenties contributed to my enormous 38H (J, depending on style of bra) chest. Now after 14 pounds gone, the back size is starting to decrease, but the cup size is holding steady. Wouldn't mind losing some up top- I'm unable to do a lost of high impact sports. Even with an excellent sports bra they still jiggle a lot.
  • Callie_Wallie_Woo
    Options
    I have lost 36lbs and I have gone from a 36F to a 34G. Not quite sure how that works, but they are a lot better shape and also a lot perkier! :oD Boobs dont always disappear in weight loss!
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    38D to 34DD and shrinking! Well mostly the band :( id love to be a b cup. Ive heard if you developed early your boobs tend to stay around the same size after weight loss

Also weights improve the shape sooooo much :)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I started at a 42DD and 125 lbs later i'm a 36D. So, yes, they've gotten smaller but I still have plenty and they are still in proportion.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I started at 243 pounds and a 48DD. When I was younger, before the weight gain, I was a 38D.

68 pounds later I'm a 42DD and I think I need to re-measure and re-size soon. The bra is getting a little gappy.

There is nothing perky about my girls!