Any food you refuse to eat?

Options
Some forums have alerted me to the fact that I don't just eat everything and anything. I, too, have my food aversions! What are yours?

To start off...
- I'm very fussy about bananas. They have to be perfectly ripe but not too much so, and not squashed or otherwise presented as something that resembles my own vomit
- I like grated apple but hate browned grated apple. Lemon juice is my friend!
- Corn must be on the cob. I hate canned corn, creamed corn or any soups with corn in it.
- Hate vegemite and as a child I only ate it on crispbreads if there was a precise, specific amount of margarine with it. If there was too much, I ended up squeezing the biscuits together to create "vegemite worms" and throw them in the bin from being grossed out << apparently this proves I'm not Australian LOL
- Cottage cheese is a flavourless parody of ricotta. At least ricotta has its flavour going for it. Cottage cheese always just reminds me of curdled milk and no matter how many times I am convinced to buy it I always seem to eat it as a last resort.
- Dark chocolate in small quantities may be lovely, but these days Max Brenner souffle is making me feel ill.

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have any, only foods I'm allergic to. I grew up in a food loving house, so I love everything. Especially brussels sprout's. :happy:
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Really gone off kale lately. Used to be able to deal with it easy enough but now it makes my stomach turn for some reason. Not good seeing how nutritious it is :/
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Raw pork, beans or poultry.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Prawns, I got a what i thought was chicken and mayo... it wasnt, it was king prawn in mayo and the texture made me want to be sick.

I've tried a few times to eat them, but i cant do that, or crayfish.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Any overly processed meat (think hot dog sausages), most sweets (candy) and chocolate, prunes, blueberries that have been in the fridge more than a couple of days ( obsessive about mold and check each one for signs lol), black pudding, celery.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Dried fruit. Sultanas, raisins etc - my dad chased me round the kitchen with a currant slice (2 slices of pastry sandwiched with a thick, juicy layer of currants) when I was little. He said it was fly pie and asked if I could see the legs :ohwell:
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have any, only foods I'm allergic to. I grew up in a food loving house, so I love everything. Especially brussels sprout's. :happy:

Yum, I love brussel sprouts parboiled and fried in a little olive oil~~
  • zenalasca
    Options
    Raw pork, beans or poultry.

Urghh! Yeah, I find white beans rather revolting.
  • zenalasca
    Options
    Dried fruit. Sultanas, raisins etc - my dad chased me round the kitchen with a currant slice (2 slices of pastry sandwiched with a thick, juicy layer of currants) when I was little. He said it was fly pie and asked if I could see the legs :ohwell:

LOL. That's so mean TT. My dad personally turned me off banana by forcing my brother an I to eat a weird fried banana and vegetable stir fry he'd made (I think it was from a recipe book and he'd changed it?)
  • shazzahare123
    Options
    courgettes devils work.:happy:
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I don't like neon orange mac and cheese (tastes like straight up salt)
    I used to love the french onion soup at Panera but now that also tastes too salty to me
    I hate oikos greek yogurt. It tastes like a fart
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Meat, fish, seafood and undercooked eggs

*shudders*
  • Photogg
    Options
    I am not a fan of most pork products ( except for pork tenderloin ( if cooked properly) and bacon ), Cauliflower used to love but can't eat it raw or cooked now. Boiled potatoes make me gag, not a fan of under done and unseasoned rice.
  • Rssblade
    Rssblade Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Veal and Foie gras , due to cruelty and Horse, prefer to ride and watch them, than stuff them down my throat. oh, forgot Snails..
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    This is my kind of thread - I am so fussy! I'll just list a few of them, otherwise I'll be here all night.

- Mayonnaise. It's probably perfectly nice, but for some reason the texture and colour turn me off.
    - Any creamy/cream-based pasta sauces.
    - Most dairy - I don't mind milk, have finally found a yoghurt I can tolerate and love icecream. Cheese is only hard cheese, and usually in a toasted sandwich or on pizza. Anything else, don't even bother.
    - Seafood, pork, any game meats.
    - Bananas, similar to the OP - must be just ripe enough, but not too ripe.
    - Eggs - won't eat them poached, fried, scrambled, omletted etc. Hate anything 'eggy' tasting.
  • zenalasca
    Options
    I don't like neon orange mac and cheese (tastes like straight up salt)
    I used to love the french onion soup at Panera but now that also tastes too salty to me
    I hate oikos greek yogurt. It tastes like a fart

Yeah, overly salty canned/processed food can be real dodge. I recently tried this "Wild Game" soup that tasted awful
  • zenalasca
    Options
    I forgot chestnuts. I used to live next to a chestnut farm and loved them, but ever since I accidentally ate a mouldy one my taste buds have associate them with that taste. I literally feel like gagging just from their smell TT
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Lol... You ready for this?

Fruit - all!
    Veg - all!
    Salad - all!

Seafood
    Thai
    Chinese
    Most Indian
    Most Italian
    Greek
    Mexican
    Meat off a bone (As in a joint of meat/roast)
    Fruit juice with bits
    Yoghurt with bits
    Most cheese
    Sauces (mayo etc!)
    Beans
    etc
    etc
    etc

The list is too long to go on!! Haha! I have the worst eating habits, don't like anything "good" or "healthy" yet still managed 49lbs loss so far... woohoo! Haha
  • zenalasca
    Options
    Veal and Foie gras , due to cruelty and Horse, prefer to ride and watch them, than stuff them down my throat. oh, forgot Snails..

I haven't even ate any of those things! (besides veal, which tastes like funny beef)
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Oh... and nuts! Lol