left over calories can't eat them all

Options
By the end of the day/night I have heaps of calories left over and theres no way I can eat them, is this a bad thing or shoudnt I worry about it?

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Depends. What do you mean by heaps? What's your calorie goal? Do you weigh and measure your food so you know exactly how many calories you've eaten/have left? Do you log everything?
  • jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Depends. What do you mean by heaps? What's your calorie goal? Do you weigh and measure your food so you know exactly how many calories you've eaten/have left? Do you log everything?

This.
  • haguem
    haguem Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    lucky you but are you eating enough?
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    lucky you but are you eating enough?
    she said she can't eat more... so yes, that's "enough". It's probably too much.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Taking up a new diet / exercise regimen can get you in that situation quite often. Your body will eventually "react" if anything is wrong. Give it a few weeks - if you're eating too little your appetite is going to increase.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    No offence but we didn’t all get a weight problem by suddenly feeling super full on restricted cals and/or exercise... what are you doing differently? Have you upped your protein for example, it might help if you told us a bit more about what you are doing....
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    No offence but we didn’t all get a weight problem by suddenly feeling super full on restricted cals and/or exercise... what are you doing differently? Have you upped your protein for example, it might help if you told us a bit more about what you are doing....

This ^^

Sorry..but it's true.
  • queenapathy
    Options
    i'm actually having a similar problem in that, because of my work times and looking after a dog, there's a huge chunk where i can't really eat, and i can't eat much in the mornings because then i just feel bloated for the rest of the day. so when it comes to meal times i'm hungry but my stomach obviously won't accept too much, and even if i eat something small again in the night i'm not getting a good amount of calories, plus i walk too and from work, walk the dog, and spend most of the day on my feet. i don't eat meat so i eat a lot of vegetables and that obviously makes it harder to bring up as well.

as for op, are you reaching 1,200? because if you are that's when they tell you not to worry too much and that's the goal to get to. if you can, you can try eating things like cereal bars (or another snack type equivalent) in the day as snacks between meals to try to up your calorie intake. it can be a problem if your deficit is too high because your body will realise it's not getting enough and slow down it's metabolism. obviously '1,200' is the suggested one and it can differ for everyone and you can wait and see how your body reacts personally.
  • sabromley13
    Options
    I dont eat sugar so thats probably got a lot to do with it, and when I add my exercise on to it theres alot of calorie left over, I have a lot of protein as this has to keep me going for the day as my job takes up alot of energy.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hey,

If you had a lot of calories left over each day, for a period of time - you would definitely be losing weight by now, which you aren't according to your ticker.

This may be because you're taking more calories on board than you realise?

Good luck! xx
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh/measure all of your food?
    How do you track your calories burned? MFP estimates can be inflated, so unless you use a heart rate monitor for your exercise, you may not have as many calories left over as you think.

Without knowing more specifics, it is difficult to say whether this is a problem for you or not.

Oh, and just because you are not hungry does not necessarily mean you are eating enough or getting enough nutrition. When you restrict calories, this effects your hormones, the ones that tell your body when you are full and when you are hungry.