Not losing weight looking for advice

Options
I made my diary public so hopefully you guys can give me good feedback:) I went to dr on July 22 and was horrified at my weight and I have a 2 year old and I need to get healthy for him. In 27 weigh 224 now I've been stuck at 4 lb weight loss for several weeks however I took measurements of my stomach upper stomach right below breast, mid belly around belly button and my waist I've lost 8 inches in those 3 areas alone which I'm very happy proud about however I need to lose weight my bmi has me as obese I log everything I eat and now that I'm on here I think I maybe eating too few calories I just read what "net" means today and it seems wrong to watch what you am exercise and then eat back te calories u just burned walking seems pointless! I started out I taking 1800 calories as it suggested and I kept lower it by 100 cal every week I just upped it to 1500 bc I think I need to eat more since I'm stuck at not losing weight. Im doing so much better then my old eating habits we use to eat out all the time! Please help!!

Replies

• angelgirljessi
    angelgirljessi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The last 3 weeks on my walks I also jog as log as I can a minute or two then walk then jog etc, I use runkeeper alot to track calories I've burned while I'm doing the activity and I have a pedometer.
  • angelgirljessi
    Options
    Bump
  • girlsjustwanna13
    girlsjustwanna13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Had a look at your last 3 or 4 diaries and there are a lot of saturated fats in your diet. I think you can eat much healthier, try to ditch the pre-packed, pre-cooked stuff and try some fresh meat protein with rice, salads, vegetables. Pasta is easy to cook if you are craving those carbs!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    do you weigh and measure EVERYTHING on kitchen scales?

you should be losing weight on 1500 calories per day plus exercise calories - theres no need to go below that (i saw on sunday you only had 700 cals, you dont need to starve to lose weight)

you dont have to eat fruit and veg to lose weight, but from a health perpective you may want to consider it and keep the poptarts to a weekend treat?
  • angelgirljessi
    Options
    Yeah I either weigh it or use what's on the box, pop tarts are a quick breakfast and easy 200 calories lol if u see by my diary don't have much time to cook so I eat quick meals I figured the stuff I've been eating now way better then fast food lol I did te bmr thing it said 1871 that seems like way to many calories lol and I'm just my hungry I've been taking 1 tbs of olive oil to curve me snacking it works wonders I haven't taken it tho for 2 weeks or so I'm just not that hungry or I get so busy an forget to eat
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yeah I either weigh it or use what's on the box, pop tarts are a quick breakfast and easy 200 calories lol if u see by my diary don't have much time to cook so I eat quick meals I figured the stuff I've been eating now way better then fast food lol I did te bmr thing it said 1871 that seems like way to many calories lol and I'm just my hungry I've been taking 1 tbs of olive oil to curve me snacking it works wonders I haven't taken it tho for 2 weeks or so I'm just not that hungry or I get so busy an forget to eat

i dont mean to sound harsh, but if your health is important to you, yo uwill make the time to prep some decent food!
  • angelgirljessi
    Options
    Your fine so true... Now time to find some decent recipes:)
  • higgi7
    higgi7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It looks as if all the prepackaged foods are giving you too much sodium intake. Sodium will make you retain water. Maybe try to cut all the prepackaged stuff a bit?