Water Water Water, driving me insane!

Options
So I've always drank water but since I started my weight loss journey I'm drinking about 3-4 liters a day and it's driving me crazy. I have to go to the bathroom every 15 minutes! Does this get any better or does anyone have any tips on making this transition easier?

xoxo,

tati

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Are you forcing yourself to drink that much water or are you actually feeling extreme thirst all the time?
  • iheartmyshoes
    iheartmyshoes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm actually that thirsty, I live in Miami and its in the mid 90's here right now so even indoors it's hot! lol
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    On your profile you say you have Type 2 Diabetes. How's your blood sugar? Are you on meds and if so, are you taking them as prescribed? I think being extra thirsty is normal in hot weather or when you are working out, but the fact you have diabetes ought to make you extra cautious.
  • I totally understand and agree 100% I use the ladies room approximately 2389523592 times a day.

All I can say is wear comfortable shoes.
  • iheartmyshoes
    iheartmyshoes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for your response! Yea, I'm actually on the insulin pump so my numbers have never been better! I'm doing cardio 30 minutes a day so I can easily drink a liter and a half during that and the rest I just have throughout my meals and as the day goes on.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how much I drink in a day, but it is a lot, I have a big cup of water near me all the time.

So I piss constantly.......not every 15 min.

And at night, I get up prolly twice to hit the john.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Once I started drinking more water (I do about 10 -12 glasses/day) I found I greatly increased my trips to the bathroom and it initially made me annoyed but then I reasoned better health and less doctor bills = plenty of reason to use the bathroom a few more times. I do have to avoid certain parts of the day though. I commute about 75 minutes by car and if I drink within an hour before leaving work, it makes for a very uncomfortable ride.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If you're going to the bathroom that often, it's because you're drinking more water than you need. Drink less water.

OP, feeling thirsty is a symptom of Type 2 Diabetes. Next time you see your doctor, get their advice on it.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I try to drink at least 10 cups of water per day, and I probably pee 4-5 times a day. This hasn't really changed over 6+ months.
  • scubar17
    Options
    First, I would check with your doctor to make sure everything is ok. I recently started drinking about 12 cups of water a day and went to the bathroom constantly. However, after about 7 days, my body started to adjust and it got much better and I can actually get things done without having to pee every 10 minutes!
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Your body should get used to it.
    I drink around 3 litres a day and at first I'd always be running to the loo but now not as much.
    Space it out during the day. If you drink a lot all at once, then you will be going to the bathroom frequently.