NSV - Just ran longer than I have ever in my life!!!

Replies

• sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Congratulations, and I can't wait to get to where you are! I use C25K when I walk now (it's helped me walk longer distances) and I'm hoping to get to the jogging stage when my knees feel like they can handle it!
  • Awesome Job!

I'm in week 4 of the c25K, and this is tough now! I didn't find the first few weeks hard, but the 5 minute runs are work....
  • meandmylads
    meandmylads Posts: 11 Member
    Congrats! I can so relate to your post, I never thought I could be a runner (even as a child I was always the last one in the pack during the Canada fitness runs), but apparently the only thing stopping me was my mindset. After months of interval runs, my training plan is set so that I run a straight 25 minutes next Sunday - I'm terrified and excited at the same time. I always force myself to go on my "down" days too, because I feel so much better afterwards.
    No matter how slow (or fast) you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch!

This is perfect - I'm "stealing" it! :D
  • kpick41
    kpick41 Posts: 81 Member
    Nice work!!!!!! Keep it up!
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Hooray, Hooray, Hooray!
  • Congrats! That is an awesome win. You'll keep surprising yourself every week with what you can do and especially with your determined mentality... you've got this!
  • crzydjm
    crzydjm Posts: 2 Member
    So my weight-loss success has been slow and minimal, but finally I have some success to share. I just ran for 20 minutes continuously for the first time in my entire life!!!!

Like a BOSS. Good job!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Awesome! Just Awesome! You Rock!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    WAY TO GO!!!! I must be about a week ahead of you because I had that same moment last week. Like you, I "knew" I wasnt going to make it the whole way, but figured I would just give it a shot and see what I could do. And the first time I checked the remaining time, I had already been going for 7 minutes and that is when I realized "holy crap I might actually do this". Slowly but surely, but at least I was going! I was never a runner. I remember getting anxiety on gym days even in elementary school because I hated excersize so much. And when I started c25k I couldnt even make it 45 seconds. I am so proud of BOTH OF US!!
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Congratulations! That is HUGE! Way to go!
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    congrats on your run!!!! I think running is the best stress reliever (and cheapest therapist) there is :):drinker:
  • Fab30s
    Fab30s Posts: 157 Member
    That's certainly a major win and I can totally relate with how you're feeling and your journey getting there. Congratulations!!
  • kshaw5501
    kshaw5501 Posts: 390 Member
    Congrats!!! Great victory!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Ahhh, week 5 day 3. When the couch is officially further behind you than the 5K is up ahead. LOL

Excellent work. I love C25K!
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Wow - you guys are wonderful supporters! I can't wait to post about my next "win" so that I can hear you all tell me how great I am. :wink: I'm still on top of the world. My muscles have that pleasant I've-been-used feel to them today. I feel like they must be hulking out with every step I take. Then I look down and see they look quite normal. Oh well, I'm still enjoying the though. I agree with you all - this was such a huge mental barrier. The idea that I couldn't run a 5k seems laughable now!

Congrats! I can so relate to your post, I never thought I could be a runner (even as a child I was always the last one in the pack during the Canada fitness runs), but apparently the only thing stopping me was my mindset. After months of interval runs, my training plan is set so that I run a straight 25 minutes next Sunday - I'm terrified and excited at the same time. I always force myself to go on my "down" days too, because I feel so much better afterwards.

I'm a little jealous of this btw. I posted a topic recently about the desire to run on my "off" days. I can't really say that I (yet) enjoy the actual running part, but I do love the overall experience. The biochemical feel-good I get is unmatched by any other activity I've done. But, sadly, I've regularly found that I still really need the recovery days. If I try two days in a row (even at a lower level), my performance suffers. On the third day, I'm shattered. I look forward to the day when I'll be able to run several days in a row. :)
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Thanks for sharing. I was feeling discouraged this morning, but you inspired me to go on. thanks and great job!!!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    That run in C25k is a major milestone and an awesome accomplishment. WAY TO GO!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    As someone who is taking very small steps into running again - I am really really excited for you! :smile:
  • kmp327
    kmp327 Posts: 97 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS! I did the C25K program last summer and I remember how it felt the first time I ran the whole thing. I was more proud of myself than I think I'd ever been! You're awesome!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Great job! Not sure why running (jogging really) makes me feel soo accomplished but it does. More accomplished than any other exercise. Great job!!!! I just graduated c25k and trust me, you'll be up to 30 min easy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!