Tabata Training

Options
A friend on MFP just told me to Google "Tabata Training". It sounds pretty interesting. You would need an HRM to track how many cals you burn. I think it would be a great way to get the blood pumping in the morning! http://ezinearticles.com/?Tabata-Anything---Four-Minutes-of-Pain-to-Gain&id=348486

Replies

• HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    TABATA TRAINING IS INTENSE!!!!!! My Shadowboxing class instructor makes us do them in class sometimes and they are killer!!!! But, oh-so-good on the body! :flowerforyou:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    A friend on MFP just told me to Google "Tabata Training". It sounds pretty interesting. You would need an HRM to track how many cals you burn. I think it would be a great way to get the blood pumping in the morning! http://ezinearticles.com/?Tabata-Anything---Four-Minutes-of-Pain-to-Gain&id=348486

You don't need a heart rate monitor--unless, of course, you want to monitor your heart rate.

But HRMs are not particularly good tools for estimating calories burned during a Tabata type workout. The intensity is too high and the equations that are used for HRMs are not accurate for that type of exercise.

So, if you want to try it, don't let a lack of a HR monitor slow you down.
  • Lily_Rose
    Lily_Rose Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just started Tabata training a month ago. It is very intense but the benefits are so worth it. I've toned my body more this month than all the aerobic exercise I've been doing for the last year! That's not to say that aerobic exercise isn't necessary - it is.

You won't be sorry if you start Tabata. Good luck.
  • JensLogin
    Options
    I have been doing Tabata for at least 6 months now and have found it to be amazing. I added this to an already pretty intense workout regime and found that it gave me that "next level" of fitness I was looking to achieve. Whether you are looking to lose weight or just up your game, Tabata is an excellent component to add to your plan.

Remember - you get out of it what you put into it. Make those 20 seconds of intesity count and realize you may not be able to complete all 8 cycles the first time. Build yourself up to it - you can do it!!!

Have fun!