• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    it's MFP.

Are you REALLY that shocked?
  • dorisbunker39
    dorisbunker39 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Simply put, you know as all of us that go up and down, you need to *kitten* your own thoughts. Putting on no weight is better than putting on weight. I started at 224 lbs at 22, I went down to 196 and stayed there for over a year, still did not give up. Your fat comes off quickly then your body needs to change with exercise you will achieve this and if you don't like it, well you ant going to change by starving. More food Mrs and more workouts. You will see the pounds come off then. I have continued to lose around 7 lbs a year and kept it off. This is not a quick fix, you need to see this a a life change not a number on the scales.
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It's becoming clear that the OP is not ready for honest advice.

I just think it's really bloody pedantic. I said more than once I KNOW it's something I'm doing wrong.
    I don't write down my weight every single day in some chart. All I know, is that give or take a few decimal points, on the months you initially asked, I was 232lbs.

Even if I'd lost 1-2lbs in that time it still begs the question of how someone as fat as me would only lose a few pounds in 3 months.

I can't tell you how much I weighed on a certain date picked at random, sorry.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I'm now on 1,270 a day and I'm hungry. A lot.

watch your sweets... BOTH sugar and artificial sweeteners increase your appetite.

Get your nutrition in first, it reduces cravings for sweets... Try focusing on what you should eat instead of what your shouldn't eat.
    (Everyone know to get calcium and iron, but potassium and magnesium are important too.)
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    It's becoming clear that the OP is not ready for honest advice.

I just think it's really bloody pedantic. I said more than once I KNOW it's something I'm doing wrong.
    I don't write down my weight every single day in some chart. All I know, is that give or take a few decimal points, on the months you initially asked, I was 232lbs.

Even if I'd lost 1-2lbs in that time it still begs the question of how someone as fat as me would only lose a few pounds in 3 months.

That's part of the problem, and one of the points he's trying to make. If you really want to figure out what adjustments to make, start keeping an accurate food diary, weight log, and exercise log. Otherwise, you and everyone who tries to help you, can only guess at where the problem lies.
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    Options
    I wouldn't lower your calories that much. if MFP set you to 1700 and you lost (which was probably a lot of water weight, yes, but you still lost), I wouldn't decrease 500 calories. I'm on a plateau right now and it's frustrating, but I'm going to keep what I'm doing and see what happens and if nothing happens, well, I'll probably lower 300 calories or just not eat back exercise calories anymore. I would try 1400 cals and see how that works for you, but that's just my opinion.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

You should start logging your weight in addition to your calories.

Your food logging is inconsistent and your weight+measurement logging is apparently nonexistent. Keep a hyper-accurate food, weight, exercise, and measurement log for a month.

You can only make quality changes to fix whatever's wrong if you already know what you're doing and what the actual results are. Otherwise you're just throwing things at the wall to see if any of it sticks.
  • OzarkNana
    OzarkNana Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree with most here regarding accurate tracking of calories, weight and exercise. What I see is a LOT of "packaged" foods, not a lot of veggies and fruits.....white breads instead whole wheat/whole grains. Packaged foods contain a lot of sugars and sodium, both of which are not good for you. While you may be staying within your calorie limits WHAT those calories come from DO matter.

Instead of packaged breakfast meals have fresh fruit, 100% whole wheat toast with sugar free jam, egg white omelets made with veggies from last nights supper, 2% shredded cheese and some Canadian bacon. Filling AND good for you. Be sure you have a mid-morning and afternoon snack, try to make them a protein like Light String Cheese, hummus with cut up veggies, some Laughing Cow cheese on celery etc. If you don't eat between your main meals your blood sugar spikes and dives and you get hungry and are more likely to eat something you shouldn't. Allow yourself some kind of "sweet treat" if you like them. A sugar Free fudge pop mixed with a tablespoon of natural, no sugar added peanut butter tastes just like a Reeses Peanut Butter cup and is low in calories. The P. Butter is a protein too.

You can do this, it takes time, it takes patience and it takes the will/drive/motivation to not just lose the weight but to make a change in your diet that will be easy to maintain when you reach your goal. Your not "dieting to lose" your changing your eating habits to LIVE a healthy life.

I wish you the very, very best in your journey.....and I applaud your coming here and opening yourself and your diary up to comments. I don't think anyone here wants to hurt you, they just want to give you the help you had asked for. While not everyone posts that help in a "gentle" way they really do want the best for you.....feel free to contact me if you need help, I'd be happy to do it...:smile: